Trouble indexing recent changes on iSCSI drive

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
kreed12

Trouble indexing recent changes on iSCSI drive

Post by kreed12 »

Hi There,

First of all thank you for this tool, it's really saved us in situations where windows search indexing really fell short of our needs.

I'm running the Everything Client as a service and have several users connecting to it. They run the binary off the server so the rewrite rules apply without having to tend to ini files on each users workstation.

In this particular scenario, I have 4 large iSCSI drives containing about 33 million files. Everything works great on the initial index , though a little slow, I have no issues with the initial population of the files.

However I don't seem to be picking up changes when files are added. Removing the DB and letting it rebuild seems to work but does take about 45 mins to do. I'd rather not have to rebuild it every day as files are added if possible. Any ideas on how I could start to troubleshoot this?

I should mention that I have it running on another box with a local attached disk that updates fine. Though this drive contains far fewer files.

Thanks!
void
Developer

Re: Trouble indexing recent changes on iSCSI drive

Post by void »

However I don't seem to be picking up changes when files are added
Have you set any exclude options under Tools -> Options -> Exclude?

Please try disabling short filenames:
  • From a command prompt, run the following command:
    fsutil.exe behavior set disable8dot3 1
-There's a known issue with the USN Journal using short file names instead of long file names.

Could you please send some debug output?
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /debug
  • Create a new file eg: D:\test\New Text Document.txt
  • What is shown in the Everything debug console? -Please send any output to support@voidtools.com or post here.
To close the debug console:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /debug