Which software has Everything integrated?

Plug-in and third party software discussion.
NotNull

Which software has Everything integrated?

Post by NotNull »

A list of software that has Everything integrated or is Everything-connected.
The descriptions are by their developers.
Details for each are in the posts below.

If you know of other software for this list, please add!

Launchers
  • Wox
    "a launcher for Windows, an alternative to Alfred and Launchy"
  • Keypirinha
    "A fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows"
  • Ueli
    "This is a keystroke launcher for Windows and macOS"
  • EverythingToolbar by @ettb
    "Everything integration for the Windows taskbar."
  • Everything.NET by @stax76
    "Everything frontend with dark mode."
  • Fluent Search
    "With Fluent Search, you can search for running apps, browser tabs, in-app content, files and more."
  • Pinpoint
    "Extensible keystroke launcher and productivity tool. macOS Spotlight and Alfred for Windows. Alternative to Wox."
  • PowerToys Run with Everything plugin by @lin-ycv
    "can help you search and launch your app instantly"
  • Flow Launcher
    "Quick File Search & App Launcher for Windows"
  • Find And Run Robot with the TinyEV plug-in
    "is a program for keyboard maniacs -- it uses an adaptive "live search" function to rapidly find programs and documents on your computer as you type."
  • Push2Run
    "Push2Run is a free home automation app for Windows. It lets you control your PC, laptop or server via your Google Nest Hub, Home, Mini, Max, or smartphone running Google Assistant, or via other automation services such as Home Assistant, Node-Red, and Tasker. "

File managers

Media (Audio/Video/..)
  • PhotoInsight by @jams
    "An application to manage your photos and images that uses Everything through my open source C# wrapper"
  • StaxRip by @stax76
    "StaxRip is a powerful video/audio encoding GUI for Windows."

Other
  • EnvTool (by @Gisle Vanem)
    "A tool to search along various environment variables for files (or a wildcard)."
  • PSEverything
    a PowerShell commandlet to interfacee between PowerShell and Everything. (like ES.exe is for CMD)
  • EverythingNet by @jams
    "A .fluent NET library for the great Everything Search library from voidtools"
  • Take Command
    "Take Command is a comprehensive interactive GUI and command line environment that makes using the Windows command prompt and writing batch files easy, faster and far more powerful."
  • FSRM-Anti-ransomware
    "A suite of PowerShell and Python scripts to help you fight ransomware using both known filespecs and zero-day resistant honey traps."
  • The V File Viewer
    "V is an all-purpose File Manager for Windows with a powerful inbuilt text file viewer which excels at viewing files quickly - whether they are 100 bytes or 100 gigabytes. "
  • Grepy
    "Grepy is a Windows utility that allows you to quickly and easily search through files for a text string".
  • dnGrep
    "a great Windows search utility that allows you to search across text files, Word and Excel documents, PDFs, and archives using text, regular expression, XPath, and phonetic queries."
  • Push2Run
    "Push2Run is a free home automation app for Windows. It lets you control your PC, laptop or server via your Google Nest Hub, Home, Mini, Max, or smartphone running Google Assistant, or via other automation services such as Home Assistant, Node-Red, and Tasker. "
ovg

Re: Which software has Everything integrated?

Post by ovg »

Total Commander v 9.0
SuperDude

Post by SuperDude »

I have integrated Everything into Directory Opus. I've created my own customized context menus (with icons), and the context menus also work with Windows Explorer.
therube

Post by therube »

(A "call" to Everything from within) Altap Salamander, http://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopi ... 303#p18303, Q-Dir, & DOS ;-).
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

ovg wrote:Total Commander v 9.0
That's a very nicely done integration of Everything!
Some time ago I was searching for an alternative filemanager and Total Commander was also on the test bench.
Missed the Everything reference completely (in my defense: at that time I had never heard about Everything).
For other people interested: it can be found under Menu:Commands > Search > Everything checkbox:

(I intended to post a screenshot here, but the forum reports that this .png file has an invalid extension.Strange, I posted one just minutes ago....)
EDIT: It's the Development subforum .... The same .png can be posted in the other forums.
EDIT2: Added as a .zip file ....
SuperDude wrote:I have integrated Everything into Directory Opus. I've created my own customized context menus (with icons), and the context menus also work with Windows Explorer.
Nice! Care to share those context menu entries? (Just *what* they do would be enough for inspiration on my side)
therube wrote:(A "call" to Everything from within) Altap Salamander, http://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopi ... 303#p18303, Q-Dir, & DOS ;-).
It took me while before I realized that thread looked somewhat familiar ;-)

@all: Thanks!!
Attachments
TotalCommander-Everything.zip
(41.66 KiB) Downloaded 1858 times
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Searching for something completely different, I accidentally stumbled upon Wox, a Launcher for Windows, an alternative to Alfred and Launchy (in their own words).
Link: https://github.com/Wox-launcher/Wox

No experience with it, but it belongs in this list :-)
2late

Post by 2late »

NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Thanks, 2late!

Another one, mentioned in another thread on this forum (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6337):

EnvTool by Gisle Vanem ( https://github.com/gvanem/EnvTool )
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

And another one:
PSEverything, a PowerShell commandlet to interfacee between PowerShell and Everything. (like ES.exe is for CMD)

Link: https://github.com/powercode/PSEverything
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Keypirinha is an application launcher that can query Everything using a plug-in.
More info on the integration: http://keypirinha.com/packages/everything.html
okaso

Post by okaso »

David helped me integrating Everything's multi-renamer into FreeCommander XE. You select some files and click on the Everything icon to bring up directly the multi-renamer dialogue from Everything. But I should probably let him comment on or decide how to describe the solution.

Here's a screen of the icons (odd, the forum is rejecting both jpg png extensions as invalid for attachments..) :

http://www.filedropper.com/everything14 ... 2018-10-01
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

okaso wrote: But I should probably let him comment on or decide how to describe the solution.
Already done :) See: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7050

Thannks for adding this, btw!

BTW: You can't upload pictures to the Development sub-forum. Other sub-forums are OK. Don't know why, but that's how it is.
okaso

Post by okaso »

Anybody have ideas on using Everything for or instead of the Doc Switcher in Notepad++ / npp?

Maybe someone here has a personal script-type solution they could share?

Call me dense :roll: because my minuscule problem is that Doc Switcher does not retain its Name column sort when closing and reopening the program. Poor me, I don't want to have to click on the Name column every time. (I like to keep about 50 docs as constants in npp's Doc Switcher. I don't use tabs. So everytime I re-open npp, the docs are listed in the Doc Switcher side panel, but always in a garbled order.)
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

The order of the files in DocSwitcher is dictated by the order of the tabs (which you disabled).
Easiest way to fix this is to:
- (temporary) enable tabs
- drag the tabs in the order you want
- disable tabs
- restart Notepad++

All new files that you edit will be at the end of your "favorite-list".

Another way to tackle this is to write a script to parse and rewrite the file where this is saved (session.xml).
Doable, but a little tricky.
therube

Post by therube »

(I haven't actually looked at mpv.net, yet, but there can only be one Everything ;-).)

"mpv.net is a libmpv based media player for Windows"
new search feature added to search and play media files, requires Everything to be installed.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

therube wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:11 pm (I haven't actually looked at mpv.net, yet, but there can only be one Everything ;-).)
:)
I just looked at it's GitHub page and it is "our" Everything.

Nice find!
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Wox Launcher brought me to the idea to integrate Everything in my mpv.net player.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

stax76 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm Wox Launcher brought me to the idea to integrate Everything in my mpv.net player.
Really cool! I will check it out (currently in search for a new video player as my trusted VLC takes ages to start)
jams

Post by jams »

https://photoinsight.io
An application to manage your photos and images that uses Everything through my open source C# wrapper https://github.com/ju2pom/EverythingNet
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Tablacus Explorer is a file manager that can use Everything to search for files - using the es: protocol, so no search-as-you-type - and show them in a tab. Multiple Everything tabs are possible.

For a screenshot, see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8493
SparkyZ

Post by SparkyZ »

I just uploaded a suite of anti-ransomware tools to Git Hub at:
https://github.com/SparkyzCodez/FSRM-Anti-ransomware

There are PowerShell scripts to install and configure FSRM, a Python script to keep ransomware definitions up to date, and a Python script that uses Everything to scan entire systems for any traces of known ransomware files.

I tested it on a production system with 2.5 million files and used just over 3700 known ransomware file specs. The search took just about 2 minutes and 10 seconds. I couldn't be happier.

I hope you'll take a look at my first Git Hub project and give me some feedback.

HUGE thanks to Void and Void Tools for helping me keep my networks safe.

Best,
SparkyZ
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Keypirinha,"A fast launcher for keyboard ninjas on Windows" in their own words, is another launcher - just like WoX - that has Everything integrated.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

And another launcher: ueli
"This is a keystroke launcher for Windows and macOS"
stax76

Post by stax76 »

StaxRip starting with 2.0.9.11 Beta has Everything integrated in the Apps dialog in order to find external tools.

Probably only useful for video encoding nerds.

https://github.com/staxrip/staxrip
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

V ("The V File Viewer") is a file viewer with file management capabilities. Or a file manager with file view capabilities; depending on your perspective.
It can use Everything to look for files.

Homepage: https://www.fileviewer.com/index.html
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Grepy, "Grepy is a Windows utility that allows you to quickly and easily search through files for a text string".

Can use Everything to find the specific files to inspect for content.

Link: https://github.com/botman99/Grepy2
Last edited by NotNull on Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

ExplorerMax, "A Chrome-styled File Manager for Smart Windows Users"

Link: https://explorermax.drivethelife.com/

See also: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9122
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

EverythingToolbar, "Everything integration for the Windows taskbar"

Search Everything from the toolbar.

Link: https://github.com/stnkl/EverythingToolbar

See also: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6825 and viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4485
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Everything.NET

Everything frontend with dark mode.

https://github.com/stax76/Everything.NET

NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Fluent Search, another launcher
In their own words: "With Fluent Search, you can search for running apps, browser tabs, in-app content, files and more."

If I understood correctly, this is a Windows Store app, which I try to avoid, so I:
- downloaded the most recent .appx file from here
- extracted the .appx file to a folder (it is basically a zip file)
- started FluentSearch.exe
This will run the program straight away, as a restricted user.

During the initial configuration phase you can choose to use Everything instead of Windows Search for file searches.

Thanks to @Diego_F, who mentioned Fluent Search on another forum.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

dnGrep.
In their own words:
a great Windows search utility that allows you to search across text files, Word and Excel documents, PDFs, and archives using text, regular expression, XPath, and phonetic queries.
It can also replace text in those files. And a couple of other useful features.

It can use Everything - including the Everything search syntax! - to find the matching filenames:
2021-04-09 23_08_42-Window.png
2021-04-09 23_08_42-Window.png (38.7 KiB) Viewed 96509 times

Fun fact: Everything is too fast :)
as I was testing I found that the dnGrep UI was freezing during the search, and then finally refreshing when the search was done. So many files were getting processed that the status bar updates could not keep up, freezing any screen updates. I had to throttle the updates to keep up with the file processing.
(https://github.com/dnGrep/dnGrep/pull/296)
stax76

Post by stax76 »

It looks interesting, 415 stars is a lot for such a tool, I worked 20 years on staxrip to get 640 stars.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

I mainly use it because it can preview files in dark mode, including highlighting found serarch terms. But it is definitely much more than that.

stax76 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:36 pm 415 stars is a lot for such a tool, I worked 20 years on staxrip to get 640 stars.
Will depend on target audience I guess. A search tool is probably more mainstream than a video en-/de-/re-coder (no idea what it really does; I am not the target audience). The similar grepwin has 818 stars on Github.

Off-topic:
What is the use of these stars? Still have to take a deeper look into that. I posted some code on Github and without telling anyone, without proper description and without explaining how to install or use, I now have a follower, a star and someone who forked my code (3 different persons btw and my mom is not on Github ;)) . I have my doubts ...
stax76

Post by stax76 »

I'll have a look at grepwin too and will soon probably improve Everything.NET.

StaxRip converts videos, usually shrinking the file size, I've spent a ridiculous amount of time building and maintaining it, comparable to various other popular tools like Everything or MusicBee. Video encoding was popular 10-20 years ago, nowadays, people rather watch something like Netflix. I gave up encoding myself a few years ago, that's why I shift focus to my other apps and new apps I want to build. mpv.net is my favorite project because I use it all the time, and it's technically very exiting, I've learned much building it and still do, it has plenty of opportunity to grow as developer, it's my most popular app on GitHub, I've a couple and will soon make a website on GitHub to present them. Shifting focus away from staxrip is not the end of staxrip, other people that still have passion for encoding continue to maintain and improve staxrip, I'm still helping.

I usually vote with stars when I use something myself and like it much, sometimes even if I don't use something myself but think it's outstanding and important work. If I find a new good tool on GitHub I always check all the other projects of the dev that has built the tool. If I don't need a tool right now but maybe need it later I add it to my well organized bookmark collection.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

And another launcher .. Pinpoint:
Extensible keystroke launcher and productivity tool. macOS Spotlight and Alfred for Windows. Alternative to Wox.
It is an alpha version and a lot of things are not working as expected yet, but looks promising.

Written in C#; requires .Net Core 3.1

2021-05-17 15_10_32-Window.png
2021-05-17 15_10_32-Window.png (34.11 KiB) Viewed 89307 times

2021-05-17 14_33_10-Pinpoint Settings.png
2021-05-17 14_33_10-Pinpoint Settings.png (26.87 KiB) Viewed 89307 times
stax76

Post by stax76 »

@NotNull

Very interesting Launcher, how did you find it?

I'm using my own launcher called KeyLauncher, so far I didn't really write good docs and promote it properly, the concept is however different from Ueli, Wox and Keypirinja. For a while I tested and played with those launchers, but never found something I really needed.

https://ueli.app

http://www.wox.one

https://keypirinha.com
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

stax76 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:07 pm Very interesting Launcher, how did you find it?
It was mentioned on gHacks.
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Ah OK, I should read gHacks more regularly.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Nah, It is mostly obscure software and 'yet another note taking application' what gets reviewed.

I mainly keep an eye out for Everything related stuff there (they are a bit of a fan) and sometimes I provide some extra information if they missed a spot :).
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Everything for PowerToys Run , a plugin for PowerToys Run (a Wox based launcher) to be able to use Everything for file searches.

No personal experiences with it (yet).
stax76

Post by stax76 »

Flow Launcher is very good, probably the best Windows launcher by far, but I don't know if it supports Everything.

https://www.flowlauncher.com
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

stax76 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 12:02 am but I don't know if it supports Everything.
It does. Thanks for adding it!
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

NotNull wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:24 pm Everything for PowerToys Run , a plugin for PowerToys Run (a Wox based launcher) to be able to use Everything for file searches.

No personal experiences with it (yet).
It runs but Powertoys run has a big disadvantage.
It doesn't provide the full context menu for a found file.
You can only open it with the assigned application or copy its path to the clipboard.
It also has hardcoded Explorer for some of its functions.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Find And Run Robot (FARR) ) "is a program for keyboard maniacs -- it uses an adaptive "live search" function to rapidly find programs and documents on your computer as you type."

So in essence it's a launcher. Portable version is also available

There is a TinyEV plugin for it that makes Everything seraches possible by using the ev alias/bang/modifier.
This implements a Find As You Type/incremental search, just like in Everything itself.
Plugin dates back to 2009; last update on FARR was in 2020. But all still functions well, although I don't expect it to support named instances.
2022-03-13 14_45_47-FARR.png
2022-03-13 14_45_47-FARR.png (36.88 KiB) Viewed 46644 times
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Summarized this thread in the opening post. If I missed a spot, please let me know.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Added Push2Run

Push2Run Using Everything
jimspoon

Post by jimspoon »

I ran a search through the posts on this thread for "dup" and "sync" and got no hits - is anybody aware of a duplicate detector or a folder synchronization utility that has Everything integrated? Tree recursion makes these programs quite slow, but I think Everything could greatly speed them up. I just visited the FreeFileSync forum and found this post - https://freefilesync.org/forum/viewtopi ... ols#p29342 - our friend therube (and several others) suggested that Everything be integrated, but the author didn't reply. (Strange because zenju often does reply.)
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

stax76 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:50 pm Wox Launcher brought me to the idea to integrate Everything in my mpv.net player.
Does mpv.net still have Everything integration? The search bar I used to see in an older version is gone now. No references in settings.xml either.
therube

Post by therube »

Does mpv.net still have Everything integration?
No.
(Never used it myself.)
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Thanks! Will remove it from the list.