Everything freezes when trying to add a music to media player list via everything

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
hamidm

Everything freezes when trying to add a music to media player list via everything

Post by hamidm »

Hello,

I am using this proggy for at least 1 year, last week I migrated to windows 10 and installed everything on it.
Now when I try to add a music file (e.g. *.mp3) to Windows Media Player list via context menu from Everything search results, it (Everything) freezes and won't be recovered and the file won't be added to media player list. The temporary solution that I use is killing Everything process and start it again!

My Windows version: Windows 10 Enterprise (x64)
My Everything version: Everything 1.4.1.809b (x64)
My Media Player version: 12.0.10011.16485 (preinstalled with windows)
Processor: i5-480M with 4GB of RAM

Sincerely
Hamid
void
Developer

Re: Everything freezes when trying to add a music to media player list via everything

Post by void »

Thanks for the bug report.

I'm unable to reproduce the issue with Windows 10 Enterprise x64, Everything 809b x64 and Windows Media Player 12.0.10011.16506.

I searched for *.mp3 in Everything, selected a bunch of results, right clicked and clicked Add to Windows Media Player list. Is this what you tried?

Could you please send some debug output when Everything freezes?
  • In Everything 809b, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /debug
  • Right click some mp3s, and click Add to Windows Media Player list.
  • What is displayed in the Everything debug console when Everything freezes?
hamidm

Re: Everything freezes when trying to add a music to media player list via everything

Post by hamidm »

Hello Void,

Thank you very much for your message,
I am sorry for forgetting to check this post for any replies, therefore, I didn't see your message,

However, the problem is fixed in the current update (1.4.1.969 (x64))

Best wishes,
Hamid