Install options and deployment

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
void
Site Admin

Install options and deployment

Post by void » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:48 am

Command line options for the Everything installer

-install-options "<install options>" - Specify the install options. Must be in quotes.
/S - Silent install.
/D=<location> - Install location (this must be specified last with no quotes)

To install Everything silently:

Code: Select all

Everything-Setup.exe /S -install-options "<install options>" /D=<install location>
Where <install options> can be zero or more of the following options: Everything.exe Installation Command Line Options:
/support/everything/command_line_options/

If no install options are specified the existing install options are used.
If no existing install options are available, the default install options are used.

Example:

Everything-Setup.exe /S -install-options "-app-data -disable-run-as-admin -install-desktop-shortcut -install-service -install-service-port 15485 -install-start-menu-shortcuts -language 1033" /D=C:\Program Files\Everything
The default install options are:

Everything-Setup.exe /S -install-options "-app-data -disable-run-as-admin -disable-update-notification -install-efu-association -uninstall-folder-context-menu -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -install-run-on-system-startup -install-service -install-service-port 15485 -install-start-menu-shortcuts -uninstall-url-protocol -language 1033" /D=C:\Program Files\Everything
Portable Install command line options

Copy Everything.exe to your destination folder.
By default the portable version of Everything does not modify the system in any way.
Portable installation is silent.

To install the portable version of Everything, run Everything.exe with any of the following command line options:

RAJA4042

Re: Install options and deployment

Post by RAJA4042 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:14 am

Hi All,

I am deploying everything 1.4.1.928 through system context(SCCM) with below command line but it doesn't create neither start menu shortcut not the desktop shortcut

-install "C:\Program Files\Everything" -install-options " -app-data -disable-update-notification -uninstall-run-on-system-startup -install-service -disable-run-as-admin -uninstall-folder-context-menu -install-start-menu-shortcuts -install-desktop-shortcut -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -uninstall-url-protocol -install-efu-association -no-choose-volumes -language 1033" /S

Could you please help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Raja

NotNull

Post by NotNull » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:02 pm

You are using the -install-start-menu-shortcuts and -install-desktop-shortcut arguments.
Those will install the shortcuts for the current user (in your case SYSTEM)

Use -install-all-users-start-menu-shortcuts and -install-all-users-desktop-shortcut instead (for more info: click the links in the first post of this thread)

Please remove your other (double) post.

RAJA4042

Post by RAJA4042 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:06 am

removed my other post.

Thanks for your reply.

-install "C:\Program Files\Everything" -install-options "-app-data -disable-update-notification -uninstall-run-on-system-startup -install-service -disable-run-as-admin -uninstall-folder-context-menu -install-all-users-start-menu-shortcuts -install-all-users-desktop-shortcut -uninstall-quick-launch-shortcut -uninstall-url-protocol -install-efu-association -no-choose-volumes -language 1033" /S

I should not use -appdata as as I am running in system contxt, please correct me if I am wrong.

I have used the above command still no desktop shortcuts but got two shortcuts search everything and uninstall everything in start menu.

And even though I passed disable run as admin, even I launch exe under program files it is asking for admin creadentials.

But throwing below error

[Window Title]
Explorer.EXE

[Content]
The item referred to by this shortcut cannot be accessed. You may not have the appropriate permissions.

[OK]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RAJA4042

Post by RAJA4042 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:02 pm

It worked after I moved the silent parameter right after the setup, instead of placing it at last.

RAJA4042

Post by RAJA4042 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Please share msi installer for 1.4.1.928, I did check in the mentioned URLS in forums they direct only to Setup files. Urgent please.

Tried below it doesn't remove shortcuts, please suggest.

"%Programfiles%\Everything\Uninstall.exe" /S -uninstall "C:\Program Files\Everything" -uninstall-all-users-start-menu-shortcuts