New Column 'Version'

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
umuench

New Column 'Version'

Post by umuench »

Hey!

I need a new column 'Version'! Some files (dll/exe) I am looking for have the same name but not the same version. So to find, what I need, is the version! Can you do this? Or I am to much crackbrained?

Best regards,

Uwe
void
Developer

Re: New Column 'Version'

Post by void »

This is something that is requested a bit, I hope to add support in Everything 1.5 with IColumnProviders

I would consider this information file content, so it's not something I would be looking at indexing.
What that means is displaying the information should be fast, but searching for version information for executables would be slow.
umuench

Post by umuench »

That's sounds great! Everything is my best search tool on desktop. I need not this "feature" by all searches! Just if i can't keep apart two files like (e.g.) aaa.dll and aaa.dll, where I don't know the right path!
Jebby

Post by Jebby »

Just want to +1 on the IColumnProviders functionality, that would be FANTASTIC to do a "*.dll fileversion:1.2", "*.jpg imagewidth:1200", etc.. As for slow performance on non-indexed properties, thats what SSDs are for :mrgreen:
Vorlon

Post by Vorlon »

+1. I search for multiple DLL/EXE files all the time and need to compare their file version. This would be VERY helpful! Thanks.
Neville

Post by Neville »

+1. Just the ability to select the File Version as an optional column in the search results would save me heaps of time.
My current process involves opening the path of each search result, and then manually checking the file version, one by one.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

This is implemented in Everything 1.5.
Version 1.5 is currently available as an alpha release for testing here.