files missing in index

General discussion related to "Everything".
kingochowdah

files missing in index

Post by kingochowdah »

I know there are some files (primarily .DOC and .DOCX files some created a year or so ago) that are missing.

Is there some way to force a reindex? I know it would take awhile so could let it run overnight or so.

Thanks.
xercus

Re: files missing in index

Post by xercus »

I'm sorry if I missed something, but afaik - quit Everything, delete Everything.db, start Everything - should do the trick.
There is something in your message that troubles me though "Running overnight"?
I have a 28TB RAID6 with well above 16.000.000 files and Everything clocks in a little past two minutes at the finish line.
Compared to that, I really can't see what size of storage that would take overnight to finish - Do you host the entire internet or what? :lol:

Like I said, it may be something I miss here...
kingochowdah

Post by kingochowdah »

I just thought that if you do something like sort by size that takes a long time that it would take a long time to build a database.

If it builds that fast, why does it take so long to resort it?
nagan

Post by nagan »

kingochowdah wrote:I just thought that if you do something like sort by size that takes a long time that it would take a long time to build a database.

If it builds that fast, why does it take so long to resort it?
Both are different principles though. Sorting on any other than Name (Main) , Path , Type , Ext which are the default parallel indexes done while building the database , will take enormous time.
(for example size, date created). Indexing on all other available columns is something most of us are waiting for , which the developer himself has assured to be in his todo list. :D