Tick option for applying Search Edit and Filter current expression

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Tick option for applying Search Edit and Filter current expression

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

I propose adding one more tick box to the Filter Bar and first of such to Search Edit: a one that would turn off [but not remove / delete] the current expression in them - and bring it back once the check sign
would also be brought back by the user with a single left click

This would allows users for a much quicker comparison of found items with given expression and without it. This would also allow for keeping history of searches less cluttered as not every expression a user might need to have remembered [because now users either have to click some item with it in order for it to be added to the history thus be available for later - or manually copy it, remove it and then paste it again if needed for re-comparison]

This could also be done in form of a button, but as there are none for now I reckon this would require a lot of new code writing - while adding another tick to Filter and coping it to Search Edit would be probably much easier. [Some buttons idea related suggestions I have made here viewtopic.php?t=11806 and here viewtopic.php?t=13053]
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Re: Tick option for applying Search Edit and Filter current expression

Post by void »

I will consider check boxes for the filter bar and search box.

Thank you for the suggestion.

For now, you can use Ctrl-click to toggle multiple filters in the filter sidebar (View -> Filters)