Dynamic changes on list of files when cycling through Search History possible?

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Dynamic changes on list of files when cycling through Search History possible?

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

Is it possible to see dynamically applied changes in he main window to when going through entries of the Search History?

It do happens when I go through entries of the Filter Bar
therube

Re: Dynamic changes on list of files when cycling through Search History possible?

Post by therube »

If you position the two windows (History, & Everything itself) in such a way (to see each, together) you can double click on any History item, which will effect that search in the Everything window.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Re: Dynamic changes on list of files when cycling through Search History possible?

You mean like when you turn on Folder or Filters?

Well, it is not the same as moving through list without executing LMB or Enter on it. The Filter Bar succumbs to such effortless exploration, while history with list of past searches does not
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Post by therube »

No, simply lay the two windows out side by side.
Double-click in the one, & the results show up in the other.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

I do not see such option. I can either access the drop down list or go to

History > Show All History...

And that pop-up window I can set somewhat to see the list of items. If you were referring to such setup - then it is inconvenient as requires double clicking on the Show All History list and also constant rearranging of windows. This is near what

View > Filter does

but is nowhere near how Filter Bar drop-down list dynamically works, ont requiring extra clicks
therube

Post by therube »

it is inconvenient as requires double clicking on the Show All History list and also constant rearranging of windows
Yep, that's what I meant.
Everything History double-click to open item in Search Window.png
Everything History double-click to open item in Search Window.png (27.87 KiB) Viewed 1102 times
Thy Grand Voidinesss

And so
Thy Grand Voidinesss wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:01 pm [...]
it is not the same as moving through list without executing LMB or Enter on it. The Filter Bar succumbs to such effortless exploration, while history with list of past searches does not
Thus I have posted this suggestion:
viewtopic.php?t=13109