Is Everything dead?

General discussion related to "Everything".
instigator

Is Everything dead?

Post by instigator »

Since the 1.2.1.451a version, Everything has no new releases. Why.
I mean, the project is abandoned? I hope no.
void
Developer

Re: Is Everything dead?

Post by void »

I am still developing "Everything" in my free time.
instigator

Post by instigator »

Oh, is a honor void.
So, can you tell me if a new version will be released in this year?
SEO

Post by SEO »

void wrote:I am still developing "Everything" in my free time.
How many free time do you have? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No. Seriously. Love your program and hope that 'soon' you will be able to release a new beta.

Best Wishes.
theflash

Post by theflash »

Great News~ Best wishes to All~
Scoox

Post by Scoox »

For me Everything is everything. If Everything cannot run on the next version of Windows e.g. Windows 8, then I will stay on Windows 7. It's funny how Microsoft, with their multimillion-dollar budget and thousands of developers, could not come up with anything better than the Windows built-in search facility. And they never will, because large corporations are slow, bureaucratic and clumsy. Windows Search is so fisher-price it makes me sick. It's an insult to Windows users. They are plain shameless.

Meanwhile, a man named David Carpenter has written Everything all by himself in his spare time. It's simply astonishing. Everything is so brilliant, so fast, so ergonomic, so convenient, so light, etc, that it must not die. It's just too good to let it go. Since Everything is freeware, it is not David's responsibility to continue to develop the software, but it is his moral responsibility to ensure that the software does not die by releasing the source code to the world. Since David undoubtedly uses Everything himself on a daily basis, it's hard to imagine that the software would be abandoned.

Everything is used by a surprisingly small number of people. The only possible explanation is that these people either don't know about Everything or are stupid. I encourage everybody to spread the word and give their friends a quick run-through of Everything's featuers and operation, in order to make it more popular. Also make it accessible to them by setting up a hotkey to toggle the Everything window. I use RAlt+Space.

Also I would ask David to make Everything v1.2.1.451a more visible, possibly on the home page. I've been using this version for nearly two years without issues. If it has any bugs, I haven't noticed them, and I have explored most of the features including the ETP/FTP Server and RegEx searches. When I recommend Everything to a friend, I always ensure they get Everything v1.2.1.451a.

Donations probably help but not much, maybe enough to keep the website ticking over, but certainly not enough to keep the project going. I have donated as a way to say thanks to the developer.

In case I didn't say it in another post: We f*cking love you David!! :D
Metavoid

Post by Metavoid »

ES is the only tool I simply cannot live without.
Its like windows search should have been.
If it could show thumsnails of images, it frankly would be perfect. No more I could dream off.
Since it never crashed on me or shown sign of bugs. I must confess Im very impressed with the quality of the code.
Im very happy to hear its not dead.