forward, backward button for mouse click

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
jeybee

forward, backward button for mouse click

Post by jeybee »

I think it will be good if there are backward, forward button at the left corner of search box. And it will be more productive if upward button(putting in the search box the upper level path of selected file path). If there isn't a selected file, first file could be default file. And when there is a path in the search words, the path could be reference path. thanks a lot.
NotNull

Re: forward, backward button for mouse click

Post by NotNull »

jeybee wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:36 pm think it will be good if there are backward, forward button at the left corner of search box.
You mean instead of using ALT+LEFT and ALT+RIGHT to step throuhg the search history?

jeybee wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:36 pm And it will be more productive if upward button(putting in the search box the upper level path of selected file path). If there isn't a selected file, first file could be default file.

I don't understand what you mean by this. If my search is
ext:txt;doc "c:\my folder"|"x:\other folder" size:>1MB

What should UP do?
void
Developer

Post by void »

A command toolbar is on my TODO list.

Thank you for the suggestion.

For now, please try Alt + Left and Alt + Right for back/forward.

The UP button will likely move the folder sidebar selection to the parent.
meteorquake

Post by meteorquake »

Thanks - I've often thought an up button would be useful to go up a folder level in regard to the search.

( Just a side note... there's an issue in Windows Explorer where you can end up with the folder tree unexpectedly in the focus rather than the file and you imagine you'll be on the file, and if you're quick pressing the delete button without looking too carefully it can go to delete the whole folder. So hopefully no unexpected switches of focus will happen with any folder browser ! )
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

In it's current state, you can't delete folders from within the Folder View in Everything 1.5.
That feature is still under development, so no guarantees for future versions (I hope it stays this way; no delete in Folder View)

And a side-side note:
A colleague once did this in Active Directory (a database where all network users, servers, printers, etc are managed in a Windows network): instead of deleting a single user, he deleted all (~100) network admins ...