Virtual Desktops : use active desktop as entire scope

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
meteorquake

Virtual Desktops : use active desktop as entire scope

Post by meteorquake »

When you use a shortcut (or right-click) to open the most recent everything window, it does exactly that even if it's on a different virtual desktop (as per Win-Tab).
Generally if there are Everything windows on different virtual desktops I'll want the show window command to show the most recent one on the active desktop if available rather than most recent one of all desktops, in accordance with how different virtual desktops are usually being used for different task sets.
If there's no most recent one on the desktop but there is one on another desktop I'll usually want it to create a new window rather than switch desktops.
So in summary, the show window command would be treating the current desktop as if that's all there is. I suppose there are going to be so few windows at any time and windows can be moved that it could just scan the windows to see what's available rather than have a last window tracker for each desktop.
I guess if there are alternative thoughts on this an option could cater for different preferences.
David