crash when adding *.m4a and *.aif* to content

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
luckulucki

crash when adding *.m4a and *.aif* to content

Post by luckulucki »

hi,

is was just adding *.m4a (at the begining of the line "include only files") and *.aif* (at the end of the line "include only files") and then hitting APPLY to accept, when Everything did some re-indexing and then crashed after a few seconds.

I sent a minidump to support@
crash.png
crash.png (462.57 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
EDIT1:

now, when I start Everything again, it crashes ;-D
crash2.png
crash2.png (283.94 KiB) Viewed 1926 times
I'll send another minidump (Everything64_2.zip).

EDIT2:
I had to remove the *.aif* from the Everything-1.5a.ini to get it started again without crash. I replaced it with *.aif and *.aiff

crash:

Code: Select all

properties_include_only_files="*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg",*.mp3,"*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg","*.flac;*.mp3;*.wav;*.ogg;*.mkv;*.mp4;*.avi;*.flv;*.webm","*.flac;*.mp3;*.wav;*.ogg;*.mkv;*.mp4;*.avi;*.flv;*.webm","*.m4a;*.flac;*.mp3;*.wav;*.ogg;*.mkv;*.mp4;*.avi;*.flv;*.webm;*.aif*","*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg","*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg","*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg"
no crash:

Code: Select all

properties_include_only_files="*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg",*.mp3,"*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg","*.flac;*.mp3;*.wav;*.ogg;*.mkv;*.mp4;*.avi;*.flv;*.webm","*.flac;*.mp3;*.wav;*.ogg;*.mkv;*.mp4;*.avi;*.flv;*.webm","*.m4a;*.flac;*.mp3;*.wav;*.ogg;*.mkv;*.mp4;*.avi;*.flv;*.webm;*.aif;*.aiff","*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg","*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg","*.flac;*.mp3;*.ogg"
it works now, but the properties_include_only_file-list looks as if it has too many doublettes. I'm not sure, this is correct. but I did only add the m4a and the aifs. nothing more.
Last edited by luckulucki on Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Re: crash when adding *.m4a and *.aif* to content

Post by void »

Thank you for the crash dump.

It has something to do with indexing properties and file lists.

I am looking into the issue..

For now, please delete your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Everything\Everything-1.5a.db
luckulucki

Post by luckulucki »

void wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:03 am For now, please delete your %LOCALAPPDATA%\Everything\Everything-1.5a.db
That did not help, see my EDIT2.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1352a fixes a crash when indexing file lists and properties.

The issue was caused by a property lookup table not being initialized when a file list was missing a header.
luckulucki

Post by luckulucki »

void wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:48 am Everything 1.5.0.1352a fixes a crash when indexing file lists and properties.
Thank you, that seems to work!

I deleted the *.db files and Everything re-indexed w/o any issues.

I also added *.aif* to the filters again to provoke a crash, but Everything ran w/o any ;-D

Nice, thank you!