Fantastic product but...

General discussion related to "Everything".
mackintire

Fantastic product but...

Post by mackintire »

This is a fantastic product but It would be better if you could have a running updated location of help for all the features.

Not a complete manual, mind you, but a description of what things are and what they do.

I'm using 1.3.0.632b on our production file server.

I installed the newest beta on a less important storage server and saw that "install as a service" is back, and there is something called Multi-user database? What is that and why would someone want that? I searched the forums for the term "multi-user" and came back with nothing related.

Anyhow...more verbose release notes might also do the trick.

Some of us are chomping at the bit to see this thing grow. This is one hell of a product.
therube

Re: Fantastic product but...

Post by therube »

Other then the various help afforded through Help, might want to start with Announcements as the announcement for each version will generally have an overview with pointers to topics with additional information.
void
Developer

Re: Fantastic product but...

Post by void »

It would be better if you could have a running updated location of help for all the features.
Once the beta is closer to a stable release, I will update all the online help.
For now there is basic help from the help menu in Everything.
There is also some basic help on the forums for most features.
there is something called Multi-user database? What is that and why would someone want that?

Multi-user database saves a unique database per user.
By default Everything saves it's database to Everything.db, with this option enabled, it is saved to Everything.Computer.User.db.

This might be useful if you have the portable version of Everything on a USB memory stick that you use on multiple computers.