Status Bar Format

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
tuska

Re: Status Bar Format

Post by tuska »

Thanks!
There is currently only one problem if the search term folders: is entered.
That was also the case above, otherwise everything would be perfect.

Code: Select all

/statusbar_selection_format=Selected [if:!$folder-result-count:,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] files,[if:!$file-result-count:,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] folders,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] items ([TEXT:$file-selection-count:,"#,###"] of [TEXT:$file-result-count:,"#,###"] files, [TEXT:$folder-selection-count:,"#,###"] of [TEXT:$folder-result-count:,"#,###"] folders)]] | Size: [FORMATSIZE:$total-selection-size:,0] of [FORMATSIZE:$total-result-size:,0]
- Search query for folders: folders:
  Selected 3 of 115 589 folders | Size: 69,06 KB of            ... 616,05 GB ist missing ... <- not possible, see below...
- Search query for files: files:
  Selected 3 of 481 075 files | Size: 19,77 KB of 616,05 GB
Last edited by tuska on Sat May 27, 2023 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Because Everything does not include folder sizes in the total result size, I recommend the following format:

Selected [if:!$folder-result-count:,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] files,[if:!$file-result-count:,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] folders,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] items ([TEXT:$file-selection-count:,"#,###"] of [TEXT:$file-result-count:,"#,###"] files, [TEXT:$folder-selection-count:,"#,###"] of [TEXT:$folder-result-count:,"#,###"] folders)]] | Size: [FORMATSIZE:$total-selection-size:,0][iflen:[FORMATSIZE:$total-result-size:,0], of [FORMATSIZE:$total-result-size:,0]]
Selected 3 of 115 589 folders | Size: 69,06 KB
tuska

Post by tuska »

Thanks, then we have these results - multiple items selected (one of several variants ... see above):

- Copy the CODE below, paste it into the Everything search box and press ENTER.
  - If successful, you should see "statusbar_selection_format=..." in the status bar for a few seconds.
  - If successful, you should see "statusbar_total_size=1" in the status bar for a few seconds.

/statusbar_selection_format=Selected [if:!$folder-result-count:,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] files,[if:!$file-result-count:,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] folders,[if:$selection-count:==$result-count:,all,[TEXT:$selection-count:,"#,###"] of] [TEXT:$result-count:,"#,###"] items ([TEXT:$file-selection-count:,"#,###"] of [TEXT:$file-result-count:,"#,###"] files, [TEXT:$folder-selection-count:,"#,###"] of [TEXT:$folder-result-count:,"#,###"] folders)]] | Size: [FORMATSIZE:$total-selection-size:,0][if:[len:[FORMATSIZE:$total-result-size:,0]], of [FORMATSIZE:$total-result-size:,0]]

/statusbar_total_size=1
- Search query for folders: blank
  Selected 3 of 596 686 items (0 of 481 097 files, 3 of 115 589 folders) | Size: 67,98 KB of 616,06 GB
- Search query for files: blank
  Selected 3 of 596 686 items (3 of 481 097 files, 0 of 115 589 folders) | Size: 58,26 KB of 616,06 GB

Selected 3 of 115 589 folders | Size: 69,06 KB
- Search query for files: files:
  Selected 3 of 481 097 files | Size: 19,77 KB of 616,06 GB

Thanks for the information and thank you again for the prompt support! :)

⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

statusbar_selected_item_format - used when there's a single item selected - example:

/statusbar_selected_item_format=1 item (1 of [if:$folder-selection-count:,[text:$folder-result-count:,"#,###"] folders,[text:$file-result-count:,"#,###"] files])[if:$file-selection-count:," | Extension: "$extension:] | Size:$s | Date Modified: $m | Date Created: $c | Date Accessed: $a | Path: $p

1 item (1 of 3 files) | Extension: exe | Size:4,57 MB | Date Modified: 26.05.2023 14:34 | Date Created: 09.05.2023 12:59 | Date Accessed: 26.05.2023 13:26 | Path: C:\Everything ... 4,57 MB
1 item (1 of 95 370 folders) | Size:7,97 GB | Date Modified: 27.05.2023 10:22 | Date Created: 21.06.2022 18:08 | Date Accessed: 26.05.2023 13:26 | Path: C: ... 7,97 GB
⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺⸺

statusbar_format - used when there's no selection.

/statusbar_format=#if:<#result-count:==1,1 item,#TEXT:<#result-count:,#,###> items> (#TEXT:<#file-result-count:,#,###> files, #TEXT:<#folder-result-count:,#,###> folders)

596 694 items (481 105 files, 115 589 folders)
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1348a removes the total size from the left as this feels too busy.

The total size is now shown on the right.

added format code: $y = formatted total result size.

fixed an issue with attributes not being gathered when used in the statusbar.

The default formats are now:
statusbar_format=$o items
statusbar_selected_item_format=$o | Size: $s | Date Modified: $m | Path: $p
statusbar_selection_format=$o items | $x items selected
JTB3

Post by JTB3 »

Hi David,
I hope you are doing well. I'm trying to modify my custom 'Single-Selection' Status Bar code to display the 'URL' Metadata property when a .URL shortcut file is individually selected. I was able to 1st display this URL metadata as a column, so I then proceeded to append the following code at the end of my '/statusbar_selected_item_format='
  • #IF:<#URL:, | #URL,>
However, this code does not work and the preprocessor does not seem to recognize 'URL' as a property. Did I miss something silly here? Can you please guide me as to how I need to reference/format the 'URL' Metadata property within an #IF statement and get it to display properly in the status bar? I'm trusting that this is possible!

Many Thanks, -JT 🔆
void
Developer

Post by void »

I hope you are well.

Please try $url: instead of #url:

[iflen:$url:, | $url:]
JTB3

Post by JTB3 »

void wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:26 pm I hope you are well.
Please try $url: instead of #url:

[iflen:$url:, | $url:]
Thanks so much, David! Worked like a champ... :D
Here's the final code snippet I used to cleanly parse out just the URL domain name and enclose it in brackets:

[IfLen:$url:, <[SubStr:$url:,1,[Eval:[InStr:$url:,/,[Eval:[InStr:$url:,//]+2]]-1]]>]
With much appreciation! -JT ✨
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

void wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:51 am Everything 1.5.0.1348a removes the total size from the left as this feels too busy.

The total size is now shown on the right.
[...]
I would like a check box option for making it possible to hide this info

I prefer the have it [manually added by me] at the end of my formatted Status Bar - and thus those numbers are redundant to me and thus also cluttering
Last edited by Thy Grand Voidinesss on Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thy Grand Voidinesss

Post by Thy Grand Voidinesss »

void wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:51 am [...]
added format code: $y = formatted total result size.
Great

I can use it to replace my old

[formatsize:$total-result-size:,0]
part

void wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:51 am The default formats are now:
statusbar_format=$o items
statusbar_selected_item_format=$o | Size: $s | Date Modified: $m | Path: $p
statusbar_selection_format=$o items | $x items selected
Is there some comprehensive list of those updates?

Something like
A ---> B
C ---> H
Z ---> Z1
i.e. with an entry like
[formatsize:$total-result-size:,0 ---> $y
as it is hard to keep a track of them?

Or is it unnecessary for users to have such list available for them because all of old formats will keep their functionality forever?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Changes are scattered through out this topic.
I will create a wiki on the subject when in beta.

The first post contains all the up-to-date information.

The old formats will still be supported.