How to search in a specific folder (without subfolders) by the first letter of the name

General discussion related to "Everything".
Condor

How to search in a specific folder (without subfolders) by the first letter of the name

Post by Condor »

Sorry if this might have been asked before (I did search first) - and I also checked the Syntax section but I was not able to find what I need.

Basically I have a folder with hundreds of other Folders in it and other files (archives mostly).

I am trying to filter view the content by only the first letter of the "items" and only in the root folder.

Something similar to : "I:\Stuff" C - but this is showing everything including subfolders (and their names are not starting with the letter C - while I am only interested in seeing the folders and archives.

Is there a way I can achieve this with Everything?
NotNull

Re: How to search in a specific folder (without subfolders) by the first letter of the name

Post by NotNull »

The parent: function and the startwith: function could help here.

Code: Select all

parent:"I:\Stuff"  startwith:C
This should work too:

Code: Select all

C:\stuff\c   depth:2

Just typing C:\stuff\c should get you close too (but not 100% as it would also show the content of folders in c:\stuff that start with a C)
Condor

Re: How to search in a specific folder (without subfolders) by the first letter of the name

Post by Condor »

After a bit of more digging around I was also able to find the command myself: parent:I:\games startwith:C

Thank you