Shall we have a 64bit version Everything?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
NaturalJ0

Shall we have a 64bit version Everything?

Post by NaturalJ0 »

A 32bit exe could not load a 64bit dll, so we can not see all the options in the right click menu in Everything.
void
Developer

Re: Shall we have a 64bit version Everything?

Post by void »

On my "Things to do" list.

Keep in mind the x64 bit version will require twice the amount of memory as the x86 version.
TracerFett

Post by TracerFett »

Is there an possible ETA on this? I'm very fond of Everything and would like to use it on my Windows 7 Professional x64 computer, but would like to avoid installing the x32 version if there is an x64 one on the way (will stick with the portable version for now). Memory won't be an issue for me, that's part of the reason I went to x64 so I could add as much as I wanted. Currently running with 8GBs (lot of VMware usage). Thanks for the response in advance!
noctis

Post by noctis »

Out of curiosity, will the 64bit version give any significant performance benefits??

I'm using everything for quite a while now. Both on win 7 32 & 64, and it runs nicely on both.
I'm having some 300,000+ files, and search is super fast.
So, just wondering if it will give any benefits to move to 64bit... (read somewhere that the reason that total commander is staying on 32 is that they will not gain any benefits from a 64 code, and size will grow).

Cheers
therube

Post by therube »

If it's super fast now, will 64bit be super duper fast ;-).

The reason for 64bit is not for performance, but to (try to) alleviate interoperability issues between 64bit & 32bit programs (including context menu issues).
noctis

Post by noctis »

roger that ...in that case, i'm all in for interoperability and more fastness for us ... :mrgreen: