Control index update through IPC

Plug-in and third party software discussion.
jams

Control index update through IPC

Post by jams »

Hi,

I've recently dive into network shares handling through Everything and I think it would be nice if we could ask for a specific folder index to rebuild through IPC. I saw this function Everything_UpdateAllFolderIndexes but none that gives the control of which folder to re-index.
I know that it can be configured through the ini file, but it's not as convenient as through IPC (not only because of ini file read and write, also because I want to execute some code as soon as the re-indexing occurs).

I also wonder what's the difference between re-indexing and rebuilding the database?
I know that it has been asked 1 billion times, but do you have an idea of when the next update will be?

Thanks.
jams

Re: Control index update through IPC

Post by jams »

I forgot to ask if Everything_UpdateAllFolderIndexes will index all folders included NTFS drives (which are supposed to auto update)?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything_UpdateAllFolderIndexes will set all folder indexes (under Tools -> Options -> Folders) as 'out of date' and force a quick re-index.
Only online indexes that are marked as 'out of date' will be re-indexed.

An IPC command to specify the folder path would be useful.. Added to my TODO list. This would be similar to the /reindex <path> + ENTER search command, for example:
/reindex \\server\share

Not the best solution.. maybe you could try setting this search via WM_SETTEXT and send a WM_KEYDOWN with VK_RETURN?

The next major release is still in development.
jams

Post by jams »

I'll try your suggestion with a special search command.
Thank you for your answer !