Some problems with Everything on Win10

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
vsub

Some problems with Everything on Win10

Post by vsub »

I am using the portable version and I have few problems(works fine on Win7)

1.If I run Everything as administrator,every app I try to run is also running in admin mode and that's a problem because you cannot drop files from the explorer to any program that is running at higher permissions level(win10 thing)

2.If I run Everything service,when I exit the program,I get an error that I can't save in %AppData%\Everything....those damn permissions restrictions again(even tho UAC is disabled)

3.The preview panel for anything other than images is broken.
Clicking on audio\video file once(first time since starting Everything)display a taskbar button which you can't do anything with other than closing
Clicking on another audio/video file after that,shows the windows media player in a weird possition and closing the Everything windows leaves the player at the same position.
You can close the player in many ways,but if you close it from the taskbar button,that will be the end of the player.You can't make it appear again unless you restart Everything

I am using 1.4.1.877 (x86)...I don't remember why I'm using the x86 version but I think there was a reason

Edit:I just tried the x64 version but it was the same but I also notest that minimizing Everything,also minimizes the player but leaves the taskbar button
Also I find out that the hiding problem is caused by hide_on_close= which I set to 1
therube

Re: Some problems with Everything on Win10

Post by therube »

1. Expected.
Use the Everything Service instead.

2. Put Everything somewhere else, somewhere where you'll have expected permissions.
Verify that the .db is set to save in a similar place (or pretty sure Portable would be where ever you put Everything.exe, so, Options | Indexes, Database location: can just be blank).

3. What version of Win10?
(Isn't one of the features of Win10 that each "update" is supposed to break just about every software application one uses ;-).)
vsub

Re: Some problems with Everything on Win10

Post by vsub »

2.Or alow full access to the folder from Properties=>Security(I just remember about this possible solution...I can fix other programs that way too that I was forced to run as admin)

3.Win10 Home x64 Version 10.0.15063