Save As Feature Request

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
yycuser

Save As Feature Request

Post by yycuser »

What a nice piece of software. One thing I wanted almost immediately was to be able to use "Everything" in the Windows "Save As" contextual menu. Searching for folders to save something is equally if not more frustrating and time consuming than locating a file. Is it possible?
gunnar

Re: Save As Feature Request

Post by gunnar »

"Save As" contextual menu.

rightCLick->properties makes changing filename easy? as rightclick->rename if Windows context menues linked correctly?

Copy-paste to first move to another folder, which opens in new window with a click in everything?

Did you mean save-copy-wth-different-name? or just name change?
yycuser

Post by yycuser »

For example, saving an email attachment. It would be nice to save that using everything instead of explorer, however I had to uninstall "Everything" due to it caused my computer to crawl.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Brilliant idea! That would indeed save a lot of time.

Unfortunately it is hard to realize (I think, without further investigation), because in the calling application (like Notepad etc.) a predefined function is called, probably from a defined DLL. It's hard to change that.
Maybe it is possible to manipulate the registry (ClsID, ProgID, TypeLib, ..) to "redirect" the SavaAs and Open calls to another DLL and function, but that will get overwritten as soon as there is a relevant Windows update or if you do a repair of your system.

But I like the idea!