Deleted/renamed files not updated in Results after Refresh

Found a bug in "Everything"? report it here
driste

Deleted/renamed files not updated in Results after Refresh

Post by driste »

I know that related issues have already been discussed here, but none seemed to match my case exactly, so I'm posting this.

Everything Version 1.4.1.809b (x64) is open. I delete a couple of files using Download Status Bar in Firefox. I check Explorer to make sure they're deleted. Deletes confirmed. Go to Everything. The files are still listed there. Press F5 and also use Refresh in menu. Nothing changes in Everything for these files. The same happened when I renamed a folder.

Additional side issue: When I press Delete or use Delete from Everything menu on these 'phantom' files, nothing happens. No error message. File is not removed from Everything Results list. Shell should tell me "Windows cannot find the file" but no action occurs.

I do not have any special settings in Everything regarding the folders where the phantom files are located.

Thank you.
void
Developer

Re: Deleted/renamed files not updated in Results after Refresh

Post by void »

Could you please send some basic debug info and try restarting Everything:
  • In Everything, press Ctrl + `
  • What is displayed at the top of the debug console?
  • Exit Everything completely (Right click the Everything system tray icon and click Exit)
  • Restart Everything.
  • Allow the database to update.
  • Does Everything still show these phantom files/folders?
therube

Post by therube »

Download Status Bar
URL?

Is the drive where the downloads go to NTFS & is Everything set to monitor it?
Rene

Post by Rene »

i've noticed that lack of refresh after deleting a file in all versions, x32 and x64 aswell.

but if i right-click everything and manually refresh it works.

it might just be the need to issue the command in code after the delete command is done.
Rene

Post by Rene »

Just adding a bit of missing info from my previous post: i connect to a 64bit Everything server via an etp connection from a 32bit device in the prefs, but not using the service on the 32bit client only on the 64bit server.

And only starting the client interface when needed and it connects to the etp server (64bits) via the prefs each time, no service, no tray icon.

i've noticed the refresh (and sort options on start) work on the server side of everything, where the db resides.
But not on the client side. strange.

if i issue a file command like rename from the client app, the old name still appears on the client, but the new name appears on the server where the db resides. no refresh required.

Basically when there's a change in the database, the client doesn't receive a "refresh the display" command from the server. Although i haven't waited longuer than 10 seconds for it to propagate. seems a bit long if it's programmed so.

hope this tidbit saves you from loosing your hair searching for this bug.
Rene

Post by Rene »

hmm, v1.41.877 seems to not have the sorting problem on start (i may have changed an option in prefs, home, search use last value, that may have something to do with it?).

but still doesn't refresh after file op.