Using efu lists and uncheck "remove offline indexes": do not show duplicate entries?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Biff

Using efu lists and uncheck "remove offline indexes": do not show duplicate entries?

Post by Biff »

If I use efu lists and uncheck "remove offline indexes" Everything partially shows duplicate entries. Is there a way to make Everything not to show such double entries although using both the efu lists and that option unchecked?
void
Developer

Re: Using efu lists and uncheck "remove offline indexes": do not show duplicate entries?

Post by void »

Currently, there's not an option to do this automatically.

To manually exclude file lists with filters:
  • In Everything, from the Search menu, click Add to filters....
  • Set the name to: No file lists
  • Set the search to: !filelistfilename:.
  • Click OK.
Now when the "No file lists" filter is active, no file list results are shown. When the Everything filter is active, all results are shown.
If you have multiple file lists, with some offline and some online this doesn't really work.

You might like to try creating another filter for file lists only:
  • In Everything, from the Search menu, click Add to filters....
  • Set the name to: File lists only
  • Set the search to: filelistfilename:.
  • Click OK.
Biff

Re: Using efu lists and uncheck "remove offline indexes": do not show duplicate entries?

Post by Biff »

Thank you very much!

Yes, both filters are really great.
If you have multiple file lists, with some offline and some online this doesn't really work.
A bit enconvenient, but with two shortcuts for both of the filters I could switch between them and see the different results quite fast.

So when I use one of those two filters how could I filter the "usual way" as well? E.g. show video files only. Can one combine filters (so I could use the existing filters as well together with the list fiters)? Or would I have to add e.g. this

!filelistfilename:. ext:3g2;3gp;3gp2;3gpp;amr;amv;asf;avi;bdmv;bik;d2v;divx;drc;dsa;dsm;dss;dsv;evo;f4v;flc;fli;flic;flv;hdmov;ifo;ivf;m1v;m2p;m2t;m2ts;m2v;m4b;m4p;m4v;mkv;mp2v;mp4;mp4v;mpe;mpeg;mpg;mpls;mpv2;mpv4;mov;mts;ogm;ogv;pss;pva;qt;ram;ratdvd;rm;rmm;rmvb;roq;rpm;smil;smk;swf;tp;tpr;ts;vob;vp6;webm;wm;wmp;wmv

to the "Search" field to filter video files? So I would have to re-create all of the flters with and without showing the file list?

Many thanks again