Drag & drop files from result list to HashMyFiles does not w

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Biff

Drag & drop files from result list to HashMyFiles does not w

Post by Biff »

When I drag & drop files from the result list of SE to HashMyFiles (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/hash_my_files.html) they are not added. How could I add them for making checksums?
therube

Re: Drag & drop files from result list to HashMyFiles does n

Post by therube »

@nirsofer, Monday, August 18, 2014

HashMyFiles v2.02 - Context Menu Limited to < 16 Items

Hi.

If >= 16 items are selected, the context menu item 'HashMyFiles' does not display.

-therube

Also...

Back on Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:25 AM
I reported: HashMyFiles v1.95 - Multiple File Selection, XP & Win7

Maybe what I'm reporting now is just another variation of below?

>> ******* Notice: Static menu items of Explorer do not support multiple file selection.
>>
>> Actually it does, kind of.
>>
>> Though often you'll end up with one more file then expected.
>> (One of the entries is listed twice.)
>>
>> Appears that if two or three items are selected in Explorer, you will always end up with one of the files duplicated in HashMyFiles. So HashMyFiles will display three or four entries.
>>
>> If four or more files are selected in Explorer, HashMyFiles then behaves properly, but only sometimes? Sometimes you will get far less then expected, sometimes you get what is expected, sometimes you get one more (again one file duplicated)?
>>
>> At the times when you get far less, say you have 10 files selected, you may only end up with results on say 3 of them. You kind of see (or it appears that way to me) the file list being filled (presumably to the proper number, it scrolls pretty quick), but then when things finally stop, the list displays less then what it had at points during it run?
>>
>> I am more apt to see this when I have multiple files selected in my file manager (Altap Salamander) rather then from within Windows Explorer.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -therube
And, http://www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopi ... 1947#p1947.

And, Notice: Static menu items of Explorer do not support multiple file selection. If you want to get the hash of multiple files from Explorer window, use Copy & Explorer Paste, or drag the files into the HashMyFiles window.
therube

Post by therube »

they are not added
OH, I see, they're not being added at all, not even one - when using drag & drop.

Sounds like an issue with Everything?

Context menu (HashMyFiles) does work.
(I didn't check to see if even that still has oddities?)
Biff

Post by Biff »

Thank you, therube,

At the moment I am not quite sure to understand what it is all about. But I guess, there is no way to make it work at the moment.

Many thanks again.
void
Developer

Post by void »

I can not drag drop to HashMyFiles also,

The drop appears success in the Everything debug log, so it might be an issue with HashMyFiles handling of the drop?

Drag dropping from Explorer would only work once for each file, the second time it would not work at all.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Okay, yes indeed, so it just will be a HashMyFiles issue.

Thank you.