copying all found files

General discussion related to "Everything".
mon

copying all found files

Post by mon »

Is there a way to copy all folders and files which everything finds on a search? I can see how this can be done individually, but not sure how to do it for multiple folders and files at once.
therube

Re: copying all found files

Post by therube »

You're looking to Copy (like Ctrl+C) ?

If so, simply highlight all that you want (Ctrl+A) works, then Ctrl+C, then do with it what you want - paste elsewhere, delete ...

(Oh, & it is possible that you may need to explicitly assign/change the key binding for Ctrl+A - see Options | Keyboard.)

You're looking to Copy the list of names found?

File | Export.
vsub

Post by vsub »

therube wrote:You're looking to Copy (like Ctrl+C) ?
If so, simply highlight all that you want (Ctrl+A) works, then Ctrl+C, then do with it what you want - paste elsewhere, delete ...
(Oh, & it is possible that you may need to explicitly assign/change the key binding for Ctrl+A - see Options | Keyboard.)
You're looking to Copy the list of names found?
File | Export.
I was always wondering...is this safe?
Here is scenario.

Code: Select all

C:\1\2
C:\1\2\file.txt
C:\1\
C:\1\File2.txt
C:\1\2\File3.txt
If you have such list and try to move all,how will everything deal with this.Does everything ignores attempts to do thing with files\folders that don't exist because once you move the folder named 2,the files(file.txt and file3.txt)will not exist there anymore(the same goes to everything else once you move the folder named 1)
void
Developer

Post by void »

If you have such list and try to move all,how will everything deal with this.Does everything ignores attempts to do thing with files\folders that don't exist because once you move the folder named 2,the files(file.txt and file3.txt)will not exist there anymore(the same goes to everything else once you move the folder named 1)
The first few files/folders will move. However, once Everything tries to move a file or folder that is already moved, Windows will show the Item Not Found dialog:
Could not find this item...
vsub

Post by vsub »

void wrote: The first few files/folders will move. However, once Everything tries to move a file or folder that is already moved, Windows will show the Item Not Found dialog:
Could not find this item...
And the process will probably stop there right(I hate that part of windows)?
void
Developer

Post by void »

On Windows XP, the move process will stop.
On Vista or later, you can skip the missing files.
vsub

Post by vsub »

I'm on XP and my pc is weak for anything newer