Hi everyone, this is nice, a very good software you got here, I will like to make some contributions:
- When selecting the files, it does like windows you have to select the file exactly if the name is short you have to get left at possible with the mouse to select the file, full row selection will be nice, or have both options.
- Row sorting at home option, when you select in home that you want to open the search windows sorting by directory it seems it does but when you search you loose the configuration and it sort by file name again. maybe it does for the all the files that shows when you open a new search windows, but when you type another search it start over sorting by file name, for example I have the option of not show noting when there is no search keyword, so I don't get the advantage of sorting by directory at home if I loose it when I type a new search.
- Another thing is to share the settings for all the users, the same setting, to give the option like for example winamp does at the installation process, giving the user the choice to store settings separately by user or for all user the same.
- For example if I have to configure the software for multiple users that work in a radio institution and like to search music, in two pc at the same time, I have to configure the software to add an index for another pc in the network like \\MASTER\D so I have to copy the configuration and the index database located in ...\User\Appdata\Roamin\Everything to all the users.
- I do not know if it have the option, but a global access key, to press for example Alt+Control+S will that opens a new search windows in the system.
- Folder search included, for example I have a folder that calls phones, and inside a file called John.txt so I type john phones and it does found nothing,, later I tried again but inverting the words and worked for me, I type phones john. well I don´t know why but it should work the same no matter the order of a file or folder, like it work for files.
- Another and last experimental thing I had always in mind when it comes to search engines, will be searching by phonetic, ex: saw and zaw in Spanish sounds the same I do not know in English, because I´m not an English expert, many times we encounter that content, files are wrong typed, if I wish to search for Gabrielle Aplin, maybe folder says Applin not Aplin which is the correct way, so you can make a blind eye for that and show it so in the search result if that option phonetic search is enable of course. I thing I´m giving you something good here, an Idea I always think about, but I think this project deserve it, it´s the best index search engine I have ever seem, I don´t know why windows is so bad about it. And over all I do not know how the hell, sorry about the word, you make index so fast!, seriously guys it is really incredible. Congratulations for the software you got here! I wish I could donate to it, but unfortunately I am from Cuba.