Keyboard shortcut to "Everything-Search this current folder"

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Coldblackice

Keyboard shortcut to "Everything-Search this current folder"

Post by Coldblackice »

I love the Everything context menu option that can be accessed in explorer/file folders to limit the scope of the search to that folder. Would it be possible to implement an ability to attach a user-definable Everything keyboard shortcut to this ability natively?
NotNull

Re: Keyboard shortcut to "Everything-Search this current folder"

Post by NotNull »

I think that is a little hard to realize from within Everything, as at that moment Everything is no longer in control but File Explorer.

And as you can't add extra keyboard shortcuts to File Explorer, the only way I can come up with is writing a AutHotKey (AHK) script - or similar - taht listens to the keyboard; waits for that specific keyboard combination, but only when it it is pressed in Explorer; reads the currently acive folder in Explorer and starts Everything with this folder as the search query.

Couple of lines of code, but not for now (it's midnight in my country)
void
Developer

Re: Keyboard shortcut to "Everything-Search this current folder"

Post by void »

Please try enabling hotkey_explorer_path_search:
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /hotkey_explorer_path_search=1
Please set a hotkey to launch Everything:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the Keyboard tab on the left.
  • Click to the right of Show Window Hotkey and press a new keyboard shortcut (eg: Ctrl + F12).
  • Click OK.
Now, when you press this shortcut key while in Windows Explorer, Everything will be brought into view with the path used in Windows Explorer.

Note: Requires Everything to be running in the background.