Search Bar Won't Accept Text By Hotkey

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
beau

Search Bar Won't Accept Text By Hotkey

Post by beau »

Two odd issues have arisen, I would normally ask you about them separately but I wonder if they're somehow related.

For several years I would input the text "C:\ " into the search bar by using my AutoHotKey keyboard shortcut. No problem.
After a recent re-installation of Search Everything, the search bar won't accept the text via the hotkey. The hotkey works in all my other programs.

I use Screenshot Captor, and when I run it via SHFT-PRINTSCREEN, which allows you to select a portion of your screen, it won't work if the Search Everything window has the focus, when I want to capture part of the Search Everything window, as below.
I must put the focus on another window, or on the Desktop, for SHFT-PRINTSCREEN to work.
You'll notice that in this screenshot the Title Bar is white: my active Title Bars are red, so clearly here the Everything window doesn't have the focus.

Quite strange. Both are issues I can certainly live with, but I use Everything dozens of times a day and it would be nice to be able to use the C:\ shortcut.
Last edited by void on Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed dead link
Stamimail

Re: Search Bar Won't Accept Text By Hotkey

Post by Stamimail »

Sounds like "Run as Administrator" problem.
Ensure you don't run Everything as Administrator.
Options > General.
- Disable "Run as Administrator"
- Enable "Everything Service"