Can Everything display "Size" twice (in two columns), one with automatic choice (MB, GB, KB) and the other in bytes?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Biff

Can Everything display "Size" twice (in two columns), one with automatic choice (MB, GB, KB) and the other in bytes?

Post by Biff »

Can Everything display "Size" twice (in two columns), one with automatic choice (MB, GB or KB) and the other in bytes?
void
Developer

Re: Can Everything display "Size" twice (in two columns), one with automatic choice (MB, GB, KB) and the other in bytes?

Post by void »

Only once, can I ask why you would want two size columns?
NotNull

Re: Can Everything display "Size" twice (in two columns), one with automatic choice (MB, GB, KB) and the other in bytes?

Post by NotNull »

void wrote:... can I ask why you would want two size columns?
I'm also curious about that! :-)

There is a possibility to change the size format in the statusbar and tooltips, independent of the format that is used in the result list.
See viewtopic.php?t=6370

Maybe that is enough for what you want to do ..
Biff

Post by Biff »

Sorry, no notification e-mail here.
Only once, can I ask why you would want two size columns?
To identify duplicates with the bytes column and to have a better overview with the auomatical display.
There is a possibility to change the size format in the statusbar and tooltips, independent of the format that is used in the result list.
See viewtopic.php?t=6370
Thank you for the link, I cannot get it to work. How do I have to use it:
void
Developer

Post by void »

In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
  • /statusbar_size_format=1
Now when you select a single file, the size of the file will be shown in the statusbar in bytes.

Please make sure show selected item in the status bar is enabled:
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click Options.
  • Click the View tab.
  • Check Show selected item in status bar.
  • Click OK.
If the size is not shown when you select an item, please try resetting your status bar format
  • In Everything, type in the following search and press ENTER:
    /statusbar_selected_item_format=
Biff

Post by Biff »

Many thanks!

Sorry, obviously I am missing anything:

No item is shown.

But it seems as if the size in bytes is shown in the status bar anyway (without /statusbar_size_format=1):

Or, may be that is meant:
Image?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Searching for /statusbar_selected_item_format= will not return any results, it is a search command.

You must press ENTER after typing in the search command to activate it.
Once activated you should see a message in the Everything status bar for a few seconds.

Sounds like you have already entered the searched command, as the size is shown in bytes in the statusbar.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Now I see, so it is not a search but a way to activate that option / function to show the size in bytes. So it already works.

Many thanks