Request - progressbar for re-scanning

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
4c3T

Request - progressbar for re-scanning

Post by 4c3T »

Don't know if this is on the "to-do"-list - A few pages down I sort of lost interest as I spaced out a bit due to its massiveness - I've never (ever) seen a list of that magnitude, so kudos for you for that and the insane (asylum like!) list of features to implement/mod/add! :shock:

Anywhoo; I'd love to see a progress bar, preferably at the top next to file type which shows either a percentage of, well, progress for re-scanning.

Also, it would be nice to see that it's actually searching for new stuff without having to go to options to see if it does.
Not that I need to do this very often, but sometimes it takes a while to update folder contents (I have several folders on 6 minutes update intervals), so seeing that actually is updating would appease my impatience a bit.
I have a somewhat high workload on my server with multiple disks and I use Everything all the time to find stuff that MS's own kaka search engine never would've found as quickly. This is by far the best file finder utility I've ever had, and I do mean that!

Keep up the good work!
Thank you.
void
Developer

Re: Request - progressbar for re-scanning

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback 4c3T,

Showing the current folder being scanned is in development.

Displaying a progress bar is difficult because Everything doesn't know how many files/folders there are until the scan completes.

Thank you for the suggestion.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

When you do a Force Rebuild, the status bar tells us what's happening and shows us a progress bar.

Why is this possible?
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

raccoon wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:35 am When you do a Force Rebuild, the status bar tells us what's happening and shows us a progress bar.

Why is this possible?
I guess because the current database knows how many entries are there.
void
Developer

Post by void »

The indexing progress bar is not really accurate.

The progress bar shows the completed steps, eg: x of y volumes indexed.