Some bugs with 1.5a

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
vsub

Some bugs with 1.5a

Post by vsub »

1.If I try to File=>Exit everything while it is scanning,the process stays in the task manager and I cannot run another instance(probably until it is done scanning or I kill the process)

2.runcount:=0 displays nothing in 1.5 while in 1.4 it displays all files I have not run yet(I am using all of my 1.4 files with -1.5a added to the name)
I am using this filter "runcount:>=0" on the "Everything" filter to display the files I run on top and everything else below but in 1.5,everything will not find anything that is not opened at least once

3.If hide_on_close is not enabled and Folders sidebar is enabled,closing the everything window and opening it again don't display any drives until you close=>open the folders sidebar
It also happens if you just open a new window while the sidebar is already properly visible on another window

4.Not really a bug but maybe a suggestion
If you close the sidebar,set the search range again to Everything because if you select a drive and the close the sidebar,you will not be able to find any files located on another drive until you remember that you actually selected a drive in the folders sidebar(this is only a problem if hide_on_close is enabled)
void
Developer

Re: Some bugs with 1.5a

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback vsub,
If I try to File=>Exit everything while it is scanning,the process stays in the task manager and I cannot run another instance(probably until it is done scanning or I kill the process)
This can occur if Everything is stuck reading content with an iFilter or reading properties with the Windows Property System.

Are you indexing content or searching for content?
Are you indexing or displaying any properties (for example: Length, Width)?
2.runcount:=0
This is a bug, I will work on a fix.
3.If hide_on_close is not enabled and Folders sidebar is enabled,closing the everything window and opening it again don't display any drives until you close=>open the folders sidebar
It also happens if you just open a new window while the sidebar is already properly visible on another window
4.Not really a bug but maybe a suggestion
If you close the sidebar,set the search range again to Everything because if you select a drive and the close the sidebar,you will not be able to find any files located on another drive until you remember that you actually selected a drive in the folders sidebar(this is only a problem if hide_on_close is enabled)
The folder sidebar is still in development.
I'm aware the selection is not cleared when the folder sidebar is closed.
vsub

Post by vsub »

void wrote: Are you indexing content or searching for content?
Are you indexing or displaying any properties (for example: Length, Width)?
I was indexing the phone(sd card and internal storage by adding a virtual folder)
It takes a lot of time to create a database of the sd card and since it was my first time doing it,I thought something went wrong and when I tried to exit Everything,this happen(twice...on the third attempt,I left it running and the scanning was done after 5 minutes...3.5k files)

I am not indexing content
I have those options enabled for indexing and I set it to not check for updates nor to rescan the sd card.I just wanted to see it it works
Attachments
2021-04-06_032129.jpg
2021-04-06_032129.jpg (51.89 KiB) Viewed 7841 times
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1253a fixes an issue with runcount:0

Everything was incorrectly treating files with a run count of 0 as unknown.

Indexing mobile devices and SD cards is very very slow.
I'll look into improving indexing performance for these devices.