EFU File List Help

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
void
Developer

EFU File List Help

Post by void »

What are EFU file lists?
An EFU file is a plain text file containing a list of filenames, sizes, dates and attributes.
File lists can be opened with Everything or included in your Everything index.
You can search and sort file lists by size, date and/or attributes instantly.

What are the requirements for file lists?
File lists require Everything 1.3 or later.

How do I make an EFU File list?
  • In Everything, from the Tools menu, click File List Editor....
  • In the File List Editor, drag and drop files into the list to add to your file list.
  • You can also add files and folders from the Edit menu.
  • When you are finished, from the File menu, click Save.
-or-

To make a backup of your current Everything database:
  • In Everything, make sure there is no active search.
  • Select all the files in the result list.
  • From the File menu, click Read Extended File Information.
  • From the File menu, click Export....
  • Change Save as Type to EFU Everything File List (*.efu).
  • Type in a filename and click OK.
What files can I add to a file list?
Any files. However, file lists are recommended for off-line files or files that do not change, for example a CD-Rom, DVD-Rom or NAS.

Does Everything access the files in the file list?
Everything will only access the files if you try to open them or right click them.
File size, dates and attributes are read from the file list.

What is the format of an EFU file list?
EFU files are comma-separated values (CSV) files.
A header is required with at least the Filename column specified.
File size is specified in bytes.
Dates are FILETIMEs (100-nanosecond intervals since January 1, 1601.)
Attributes can be zero or more of the Windows File Attributes.

How do I change the volume for all the files in a file list?
  • Open the file list in Notepad.
  • Press Ctrl + H to replace.
  • Change Find what to the old volume (eg: D:)
  • Change Replace with to the new volume (eg: E:)
  • Click Replace All.
  • Save changes to the file list.
Can I use relative paths in a file list?
Yes, filenames are relative to the file list location.
Optionally use . and .. for locations relative to the file list location.
You can use \ at the start of a filename to specify a file relative to the root of the file list.
Specify a filename with a full path to override relative filenames.

Can I create a file list from the command line?

To create a file list from the command line:

Code: Select all

Everything.exe -create-filelist <output-filename> <path-to-scan>
Example, create a file list of my C: drive:

Everything.exe -create-filelist cdrive.efu c:\
xbeta

Re: EFU File List Help

Post by xbeta »

An important feature about EFU File List, wish to be added: show EFU File List Name!

File List is really helpful to manage offline storages, eg USB disk, CD-Rom.
It's common that the user has only a few USB prots, CD-Rom drivers -- means limited drive letters, such as G: H: F:,
but much more USB disks, CD-Rom disks -- means unlimited usb-disk1.efu, usb-disk2.efu, .... cd1.efu, cd2.efu, ...
If all the efu files loaded, and their is one or more search results, eg, g:/music-2013-03-05.mp3, it's hard to know which CD-Rom the file is located, since there is no information about the EFU file list name or the storage device.

So, show EFU File List Name maybe a solution in this case.
void
Developer

Post by void »

An important feature about EFU File List, wish to be added: show EFU File List Name!
I have added this to my "Things to do" list.
HouseX

Post by HouseX »

is there a way to update filelists like folders?
so you dont have to create again the .efu
void
Developer

Post by void »

Currently there is no easy way to update an efu file list with Everything.

I feel this is something that Everything needs also, at least from a command line option...
Something like Everything.exe -create-file-list <path>

I have also been considering the option to re-build the database if an indexed file list is updated.
HouseX

Post by HouseX »

another thing..
when you see some file from those filelists your cant right click it..for example if you want to copy paste the name ..but you can do 2 clicks and name is selected and your can copy its name.
have you disabled the right click or you cant enable it at all?
void
Developer

Post by void »

If the files in the file list are offline, please try renaming by pressing F2 or clicking Rename from the File menu.

The normal right click context menu will time out after about 10 seconds and show a basic context menu.
ukulele

Post by ukulele »

Hi,

I'm looking for a tool to index external hard drives so I can manage my files while they are not connected or not all connected at the same time.Right now, after a lot of search, "Everything" hits my needs most. But I'm still trying to find a way to rename files even when they are not online, so they get renamed when getting online again (Don't care if that would be as a batch or just in background as soon as the drive is connected again). The missing update function for EFU lists is another problem in this case.

Are you planning on implementing such a function?

Is there a way to see if a file is online / offline or where the search result comes from? (DB or Filelist)

Anyway, intresting and very unique tool right now.

PS: If I rename the file in explorer and try to access "extended information" in the right-click-menu "Everything 1.3.2.644b" crashes.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thanks for the suggestions, I will think about the option to rename offline files.
Is there a way to see if a file is online / offline
Unfortunately, no. The only way to test is by opening the file, or right clicking the file. This can cause a time-out if the file is offline making Everything unusable during that time. Making the offline items grey would be great, but again it will take 10-30 seconds to determine this, and tricky to detect when the file comes online.
These sorts of features are on my wish list.
where the search result comes from? (DB or Filelist)
To see the file list filename, right click the Column header and click the File list filename column.
Color customization for file list items is on my "Things to do" list.
PS: If I rename the file in explorer and try to access "extended information" in the right-click-menu "Everything 1.3.2.644b" crashes.
I am aware of the issue, I will post an updated beta soon.
ukulele

Post by ukulele »

void wrote: The only way to test is by opening the file, or right clicking the file. This can cause a time-out if the file is offline making Everything unusable during that time. Making the offline items grey would be great, but again it will take 10-30 seconds to determine this, and tricky to detect when the file comes online.
Tricky situation. Maybe you should integrate offline files into your database so you can look for existing entrys when a new device gets connected and update them. Sadly I'm not into programming, the only things I do is TSQL and stuff.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Can I create a file list from the command line?

To create a file list from the command line:

Example:

AM.

Post by AM. »

I am using Everything 1.3.3.658b.

The command line option

won't work properly for me.

I have a 2 GB external HDD X: with thousands of files recorded from TV, organized in a lot of subfolders.

Unfortunately the created EFU-File is rather empty.

I use

Everything.exe -create-filelist drive_x.efu x:\

for creating a file named drive_x.efu.

But there are no subfolders and files in drive_x.efu. That's the result:

Filename,Size,Date Modified,Date Created,Attributes
"x:",393216,130180833916041253,129593239893311715,22
"x:\#Movie",0,130176867311782960,130104169190088131,0
"x:\#TV",0,130176888093064976,130104169239378220,0
"x:\$RECYCLE.BIN",0,130109583626877810,130109583626857809,0
"x:\System Volume Information",0,130101032155523648,129593240117845839,0

Any suggestions?

AM.
therube

Post by therube »

Confirmed.

-create-filelist is broken in 657 & 658.
Working in 656.
Bodtje

Post by Bodtje »

xbeta wrote:An important feature about EFU File List, wish to be added: show EFU File List Name!
Is this feature already implemented? I have several extended HDs which I only connect when I need a file or folder stored on it. Unfortunately the search results don't show the volume name of the HDD...
void
Developer

Post by void »

In Everything 1.3, there is a "File List Filename" column that can be shown by right clicking the result list header and selecting "File List Filename".
Bodtje

Post by Bodtje »

Great!
Many thanks for this wonderful program.
galneon

Post by galneon »

I till use Cathy a bit, and while I use Everything far more (i.e. constantly), I think there's only one feature left missing that I really desire.

I have an autoplay handler for Cathycmd that automatically creates a new catalog for Cathy whenever optical media is detected. The catalog name is that of the volume label by default, and all volume labels of my DVD archives are unique which makes catalog creation through this means optimally convenient. I could have the same sort of handler for Everything if only not specifying an EFU name would default to the volume label as Cathycmd does. Having to specify the filelist name rules out autoplay functionality and makes the task of creating ~4000 EFUs evermore daunting for me.

Defaulting commandline filelist name, if not specified, to that of the volume label would be intelligent behavior IMO and would not cost other functionality given that the first parameter is assumed to be a path rather than a file name as long as a backslash or colon is present.
Michi27

Post by Michi27 »

void wrote:
I have added this to my "Things to do" list.
Hi,

this would be a great advance for me too.
Please add an option to Display the Filename of the EFU File instead of the Drive Letter. All my USB Sticks uses the same Driveletter. After search via your tool, I can use the right Stick.

With best regards,m

Hawke
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

Why a special extension (EFU) was chosen? What was the problem to use the familiar TXT file?
The Windows System and People are already familiar with the TXT files (and CSV). Why does everyone have to relearn the meaning of this EFU extension? Isn't it the same thing/result?
galneon

Post by galneon »

Stamimail wrote:Why a special extension (EFU) was chosen? What was the problem to use the familiar TXT file?
The Windows System and People are already familiar with the TXT files (and CSV). Why does everyone have to relearn the meaning of this EFU extension? Isn't it the same thing/result?
Umm, well, there's the fact that you can associate .efu with Everything. When double-clicking an .efu, Everything will open it immediately.

Relearn the meaning? If you use EFUs, you probably know what an .efu file is. If you don't use them, then why do you care?

Your argument could be used for any file types which contain plain text but use a unique file extension, including .xml, .html, .ini, .cfg, .cpp or to name one you mentioned that many people never even use, .csv. I'm thankful they all exist.
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

Try to look from point of view of a beginner user.
A beginner user is familiar with the known file extensions, he knows what is expected when opening them and how to open and deal with such file extensions.
In contrast, this EFU file extension, the beginner user doesn't know this is a plain text. He needs to read about it somewhere.
Probably it was much easier to the user if he knew about it. So that he can edit it manually, without the File list Editor.
The default Export\Open\Import was to\from TXT, and an advanced user wants to open it with double click as associated, simply could change the TXT file extension from TXT to EFU.

Anyway, in the File list Editor, is there no such an option to save to TXT.
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

File > Open Filelist...
Why can't open txt or csv files exported by Everything?
Why the program has to use efu?
void
Developer

Post by void »

One reason for the efu extension is to have a file association with Everything. Something I can not really do with txt or csv.
Another reason is efu contains all the necessary information for each result, whereas exported csv and txt do not.

efu files use the csv format.
efu files can be opened/edited in Excel, or Everything can open csv files with the correct Filename header.

It's worth noting, but probably not of much help:
efu files are marked as text/plain in the registry.
This will show Notepad when you right click -> Open with...

To open a file list in Everything, the following information is needed:
  • The full path and filename.
A flag is also used to determine if the item is a file or folder. This flag is not required.

Differences between the exported formats:
EFU exports the full path and filename, a flag to determine if the item is a file or folder, size and date information.
CSV exports the text that is visible in the Everything result list.
TXT exports the full path and filename.
Anyway, in the File list Editor, is there no such an option to save to TXT.
Added to my TODO list.
An import option would be useful too.

I'll consider adding the option to open file lists from with a csv extension that contain the Name and Path columns.
I'll consider adding the option to open file lists from with a txt extension.
With both of these types it will be difficult to determine if an item is a file or folder result.
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

Is there a way to open efu file from within Everything Results, in a case efu extension is not associated with Everything? (Portable)
Can such a thing can be created? For example by dragging the efu file on the taskbar button (Open with) or in other way?
void
Developer

Post by void »

To manually open a file list:
  • In Everything, from the File menu, click Open File List... (Ctrl + O)
  • Select your file list and click Open.
-or-

Open a file list from the command prompt:
Everything.exe filelist.efu

I'll look into adding support for dropping an efu file on the Everything taskbar button and click Open With...
dj_tony

Post by dj_tony »

Hi, i'm Antonio from Italy. i'm new to your forum. "Everithing" is great and i'm telling to everybody that it is a must to have.
i would like to know if there is a way to index path like

\\mynas\data\

i've created the efu but just realized that it is not updated automatically and searching a solution i arrived to this forum.

i don't map network drive, hoping that things like wannacry or cryptolocker will not spread on all my network.

waiting for a reply.

best regars.
Stamimail

Post by Stamimail »

Hi Antonio,
The normal way to index a network storage is to use:
Menu: Tools > Options > Indexes > Folders
You have there settings for schedule monitoring.
arr

Post by arr »

Hello together,

is there a possibility to add more then one drive to the command line operation, mentioned at the beginning of this Topic?
The original one is:
It creates one filelist called "cdrive.efu" scanning the harddrive c:, but what I need is one filelist for more different drives.
Something like this:
Everything.exe -create-filelist cdrive.efu c:\ d:\ c:\
This example isnt working - a filelist will be created, but it includes only the content of the C:\ drive, i think because it's the first one in the command.
How can I realize it? Is there a separation syntax behind? Is it even possible?

Another question:
If I use the command line Operation to generate a filelist for c:\ drive mentioned above, i get about 750.000 results, but if I use the GUI only for drive C:\ the results are about 1.000.000.
Where is the difference?

Many thanks,
Best Regards,
arr
jimspoon

Post by jimspoon »

If a file list is included in the Everything index, would properties for files in the list be indexed? As I understand it, EFU files include only very basic information for files, and if the listed files are offline there wouldn't be a way to fetch their properties until the volume is online.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Yes, Everything will index the properties in your file list if you choose to index those properties under Tools -> Options -> Indexes.
(eg: Size, Date modified, Date created and Attributes)

Everything 1.5 supports other properties too, such as Width or Length.
However, there's currently no easy way to export EFU files with this information yet..

Everything will never access the disk for indexed EFU files.
These file lists are treated as offline static lists.

You can update file lists with the Everything File List Editor (Tools -> File List Editor)
In the File list Editor, Select all results and under the Edit menu, click Read extended information.

Everything 1.5 also has a File List Editor -> Tools -> Update option which will remove dead files and update existing files.
jimspoon

Post by jimspoon »

Thank you Void. Like others in this thread I'm interested in using Everything to catalog files in multiple offline volumes (on hard drives, optical discs etc). I'd like to be able to use a single search to find files on multiple offline volumes at once, and see which disks and volumes the found files are on. So I'm trying to figure out what would be the best way to do that.

When I can bring each volume online, I can search for its files by search for its drive letter. Then I can export those files to an EFU file list. I can include multiple EFU lists in the Everything index. But especially in the case of offline hard drives with millions of files each, I'm guessing that might not be a good idea to include too many.

As an alternative to indexing multiple EFU lists, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to combine multiple EFU lists (one per disk) into a single EFU list, and then search that. From what I can see, the best way to do this would be to use the File List Editor File > Import command. I tried dragging and dropping an EFU file into the File List Editor, but that includes only the EFU file itself, and not the files listed in the EFU. (It would be good if we could drag and drop multiple EFU files into the Editor at the same time to include all their files.)

To identify the disk and volume containing the found files, I see that we have "File List Name" and "File List Path" properties. If an EFU contains only the files from a single disk/volume, the file name could contain that information. But this couldn't help identify the disk/volume if the EFU contains files from multiple disk/volumes.

I also see also have a "Volume Label" property, but that wouldn't be stored in an EFU, would it?

Maybe if I mounted each volume at a mount point containing the disk/volume name, and made an EFU of that, the volume name would be included in the EFU? Would that the best way to catalog offline files with their disk/volume/path?
void
Developer

Post by void »

When I can bring each volume online, I can search for its files by search for its drive letter. Then I can export those files to an EFU file list. I can include multiple EFU lists in the Everything index. But especially in the case of offline hard drives with millions of files each, I'm guessing that might not be a good idea to include too many.
Everything 1.4 does not support many file lists (sever slowdowns with indexing 100+ file lists)

Everything 1.5 will support 1000s of file lists.
I recommend storing all the file lists in a single folder. (Everything will then only need to monitor one folder for changes)

(It would be good if we could drag and drop multiple EFU files into the Editor at the same time to include all their files.)
The next alpha update will import the EFU file when holding down Ctrl.

To identify the disk and volume containing the found files, I see that we have "File List Name" and "File List Path" properties. If an EFU contains only the files from a single disk/volume, the file name could contain that information. But this couldn't help identify the disk/volume if the EFU contains files from multiple disk/volumes.

I also see also have a "Volume Label" property, but that wouldn't be stored in an EFU, would it?
Everything File Lists are designed more for files/folders and less for volumes.
However, you could add the Volume Label to your EFU file and only store the property for root folders.

For example:

Filename,Volume Label
"C:","My C drive label"
"C:\Windows",
"C:\Windows\System32",
If you index the file list, you would also need to index the Volume Label property (under Tools -> Options -> Properties)

Maybe if I mounted each volume at a mount point containing the disk/volume name, and made an EFU of that, the volume name would be included in the EFU? Would that the best way to catalog offline files with their disk/volume/path?
I recommend sticking with a single EFU file for each volume and using the filename as the label.
void
Developer

Post by void »

Everything 1.5.0.1319a adds support for holding down Ctrl to import EFU files on drag drop.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

jimspoon wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 2:28 pm As an alternative to indexing multiple EFU lists, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to combine multiple EFU lists (one per disk) into a single EFU list, and then search that. From what I can see, the best way to do this would be to use the File List Editor File > Import command. I tried dragging and dropping an EFU file into the File List Editor, but that includes only the EFU file itself, and not the files listed in the EFU. (It would be good if we could drag and drop multiple EFU files into the Editor at the same time to include all their files.)
MasterEFU might be of interest to you.
robert_reinhardt

Post by robert_reinhardt »

Hi,
I have recently become an enthusiastic user of Everything and I admire its speed and functionality. Still using V1.4.1.

My use case of EFU File lists differs slightly from the crowd here. I use manually composed lists (in File List Editor) as a list of files pertinent to some topic, for example, a selection of photos from a huge complex-structured subtree to show a particular story, or another example: a list of invoices for materials and services that we will reinvoice in a particular project. Then Everything is an excellent way to browse such a list with all the usual functions available to open, show, rename, delete, etc. The beauty of this solution is having just one master copy of the file (so changes made on the file propagate to all references (copies)).

Of course, this could be also done with Windows shortcuts or Libraries, but having .EFU file (a text file) for this makes the solution portable (I can copy the whole structure via a linux box to another desktop, the .efu file Is easily usable also on linux). It is obvious that relative file paths are important for this purpose.

A few comments (wish list):

1. it would be excellent if I could force FIle List Editor to use relative path names in the EFU file. Possibly with several variants: (a) always relative, (b) relative inside the default folder (so no ".." in the path), (c) always absolute. As I see, other users that use file lists as catalogues for external drives would always opt for an absolute path, maybe this selection could stick to the particular EFU file (so you can select this once per file and keep the file with selected referencing style).

2. When I do a rename or delete of a file in Everything using an EFU file, the operation is performed, but it is not reflected in the .EFU file (the reference stays to the old name or to the deleted file). Would it be possible to reflect the change in the EFU file (I am aware that the previous relative referencing could complicate this write-back functionality in Everything too)?

3. (minor issue) It would be nice to have a list of recently used files in the file list editor.

4. Also a refresh of the .EFU file in Everything would be welcome if it is changed externally. It seems that I have to close and reopen the .EFU file - but Everything is probably anyway monitoring the .EFU file, so a reread could be done automatically (or at least by asking the user if he wants a re-read).

Kind regards,
Robert
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback robert_reinhardt,

1. it would be excellent if I could force FIle List Editor to use relative path names in the EFU file. Possibly with several variants: (a) always relative, (b) relative inside the default folder (so no ".." in the path), (c) always absolute. As I see, other users that use file lists as catalogues for external drives would always opt for an absolute path, maybe this selection could stick to the particular EFU file (so you can select this once per file and keep the file with selected referencing style).
Everything supports relative paths in file lists already.
For example:
..\relative-up.txt
.\relative.txt
.\subfolder\relative.txt
\root.file.txt

Please try enabling relative filelist paths:
  • Copy and paste the following into your Everything search box:
    /file_list_relative_paths=1
  • Press ENTER in your Everything search box.
  • If successful, file_list_relative_paths=1 is shown in the status bar for a few seconds.
Everything will now use relative paths based on where you save your file list from the File List Editor.

file_list_relative_paths

I will consider adding more options here.
For now, please use a text editor for the most control.
(eg: Find and replace c:\folder\subfolder\ with .\ )

2. When I do a rename or delete of a file in Everything using an EFU file, the operation is performed, but it is not reflected in the .EFU file (the reference stays to the old name or to the deleted file). Would it be possible to reflect the change in the EFU file (I am aware that the previous relative referencing could complicate this write-back functionality in Everything too)?
Everything currently treats file lists as static (unchanging).
I will consider an option to keep file lists up-to-date.

For now, you will need to rebuild your file lists.

3. (minor issue) It would be nice to have a list of recently used files in the file list editor.
I have put this on my TODO list.
Thank you for the suggestion.

4. Also a refresh of the .EFU file in Everything would be welcome if it is changed externally. It seems that I have to close and reopen the .EFU file - but Everything is probably anyway monitoring the .EFU file, so a reread could be done automatically (or at least by asking the user if he wants a re-read).
I assume you are opening the file list from File -> Open File List.
If you index a file list (Tools -> Options -> File Lists), Everything will detect external changes and reindex the modified file list.

I have put on my TODO list an option to monitor opened file lists.

Thank you for the suggestions.
kazzybash

Post by kazzybash »

hi void,

have been reading this thread. I am not sure if I am asking for something that has already been cleared.

I do have a number of file lists in a folder. They list files on offline volumes. They are added to the Everything-index on start up.

Question: when I then put a volume of which a list exists online, will Everything update the list? And will it then do so by using driveletter that Windows gives it? Will it save the updated list?

Question2 : above I saw a command line to dump a list. Would it be possible to have this automated or to have this in the GUI?

Thanks in advance, and thanks for sharing this, I have to say and want to say, extremely useful piece of software with the world.

Regards, kazzy
void
Developer

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback kazzybash,
Question: when I then put a volume of which a list exists online, will Everything update the list? And will it then do so by using driveletter that Windows gives it? Will it save the updated list?
No.
Everything treats file lists as static (unchanging)

Everything will reindex your file list if it is modified externally (you make a change to the actual EFU file)

Question2 : above I saw a command line to dump a list. Would it be possible to have this automated or to have this in the GUI?
If you are doing this often, please consider folder indexing instead of file lists.
It will make it easier to keep the files up-to-date.

File lists are really designed for offline media that doesn't change.

You can use the command line to create a fresh file list.
Everything will automatically reindex this modified file list.

Consider the following BAT file:

Update File Lists.bat

Everything.exe -create-file-list "c:\filelists\m.efu" "m:\"
Where c:\filelists\m.efu is the file list filename and m:\ is the folder to rescan.
If you add c:\filelists\m.efu to your Everything index, Everything will reindex this file list when it is updated with the above BAT file.

-create-file-list
kazzybash

Post by kazzybash »

great, thanks!!

there is a kind of problem here that is beyond Everything, and it is the fact that in Windows one cannot firmly and definitively give a drive letter to an external drive (you can never be certain that a connected/disconnected/reconnected drive retains it's letter. It's an omission really, it shouldn't be hard to have a tool assigning drive letters based on a drives unchanging characteristics (like it's serial number for instance). Anyway, as said, this is beyond Everything (and beyond me :lol: ).

regards, Kazzy
enthusiast

Post by enthusiast »

Hello, void, thank you for such a great software.

I would like to ask a question, I didn't find it in FAQ for EFU, I think it deserves to go there.

I don't know how to export a file in efu format so that only the column with file names/pathes is exported. At the moment when I use command

Everything.exe -create-file-list "list.efu" "c:\" -create-file-list-include-only-files "*.txt;*.md"
I export columns with names, sizes and other things, and then I have to delete all columns except the name(path) using Excel :( .
I would like a cli option to be able to specify which columns to export (maybe
-create-file-list-include-only-columns
), or at least to be able to delete columns using Tools -> File List editor.

Thanks again for your software and support.
Last edited by enthusiast on Fri Jul 14, 2023 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

Take a look at ES, the command-line companion to Everything. Using ES.exe you can specify what data to export and in what format.

More info

Download ES
enthusiast

Post by enthusiast »

Thanks, I downloaded ES and used the following command:

es -full-path-and-name -export-txt out.txt "C:\" "*.txt"^|"*.md"
enthusiast

Post by enthusiast »

Hello again, I'm trying to execute a command:

es -full-path-and-name -export-txt out.txt "sizedupe:"
but I get an empty file as output.

Does this mean that the Functions don't work in ES?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Please try without the double quotes:

es -full-path-and-name -export-txt out.txt sizedupe:
Everything/ES will treat quoted text as literal.
enthusiast

Post by enthusiast »

Thank you, I tried:

es -full-path-and-name -size -sort size-descending -export-csv out.txt sizedupe: "C:"
and it worked.

What about using Macros like
video:
? I've tried putting it before path, or after, or in quotes, but no result.
void
Developer

Post by void »

video: will work with Everything 1.5

For Everything 1.4, you'll need to use:

ext:3g2;3gp;3gp2;3gpp;amv;asf;asx;avi;bdmv;bik;d2v;divx;drc;dsa;dsm;dss;dsv;evo;f4v;flc;fli;flic;flv;hdmov;ifo;ivf;m1v;m2p;m2t;m2ts;m2v;m4v;mkv;mp2v;mp4;mp4v;mpe;mpeg;mpg;mpls;mpv2;mpv4;mov;mts;ogm;ogv;pss;pva;qt;ram;ratdvd;rm;rmm;rmvb;roq;rpm;smil;smk;swf;tp;tpr;ts;vob;vp6;webm;wm;wmp;wmv
MandraK

Post by MandraK »

Hi friends!

Is there a way to customize the File List Editor keyboard shortcuts ?

I just recently found it very useful and quick for editing playlists, but shortcuts appear to be apart from the main program.

Best regards!
void
Developer

Post by void »

Unfortunately, the File List Editor keyboard shortcuts are hard coded and cannot be changed.
MandraK

Post by MandraK »

void wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:12 am Unfortunately, the File List Editor keyboard shortcuts are hard coded and cannot be changed.
Well, It seems I can't use it anyways..
Playlists I had been editing were added additional CSV fields, so players no longer are able to play them.

Is there a way to prevent those additional CSV fields from being added up?
Like, to keep the file list only ?
void
Developer

Post by void »

Currently, no.

The File List Editor is for editing EFU (Everything file lists).

I will consider support for editing playlists.
What playlist extension are you using?