Why the development is slow?

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
rabbit_says

Why the development is slow?

Post by rabbit_says »

Everything has diehard fans probably in millions, but I still wonder why the development is slow. Why the developer and other contributors are not eager to enhance this wonderful tool. Sure, this tools works great but there is always room for improvement.
therube

Re: Why the development is slow?

Post by therube »

Ever hear about the story about the tortoise & the hare (or was it a rabbit, some might says) ;-) ?

(When I was looking for a car, I didn't want to know how fast it went, I wanted to know how it went, slow.
I consider myself one of the fastest slow car drivers around.)
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

rabbit_says wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:24 pm Everything has diehard fans probably in millions, but I still wonder why the development is slow. Why the developer and other contributors are not eager to enhance this wonderful tool. Sure, this tools works great but there is always room for improvement.
What is slow if we get new betas every few weeks.
We are now already at version 1.4.1.939
void
Developer

Post by void »

There's nightly builds for Everything 1.4 fixes here.

I've still got a bit more to do on Everything 1.5 before I release an alpha version.

If you would like to help support the development of Everything, please consider donating.
rabbit_says

Post by rabbit_says »

I really appreciate your efforts and I knows that how hard is to add new features without breaking anything. By saying slow I meant where we see annually major release from chrome, Firefox, android to windows.

BTW I am really interesting in these to do :D .

show bookmark/filter keyboard shortcut duplicates
Paste to path context menu
fuzzy logic searching
relevance sorting
taskbar integration
rabbit_says

Post by rabbit_says »

and please do add more option for donations, only limited people have access to PayPal.
Debugger

Post by Debugger »

From time to time it updates to newer versions, but I have not noticed any difference in using a program that is primarily for searching.
froggie

Post by froggie »

rabbit_says wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:09 pm and please do add more option for donations, only limited people have access to PayPal.
You don't need a PayPal account to donate, just following the Donate with PayPal links and you will be given the choice of using a credit card. PayPal is just the processor, no account required, although it is an option.