Can folder sizes be sorted like or with file sizes?

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
okaso

Can folder sizes be sorted like or with file sizes?

Post by okaso »

Hi,
My goal is to have a search results list that when sorted by 'size' will sort files AND folders together. Currently, folders are always sorted separately at the bottom of the results list (as seen in attached screenshot). Any ideas? I did a forum search and did not see this question duplicated anywhere, but maybe I'm not good with search criteria. -many thanks for any help! [sorry, learning how to post images..i know it's too big on the screen]
Attachments
Everything (folder size sorted separately issue) 2018-10-01.jpg
Everything (folder size sorted separately issue) 2018-10-01.jpg (221.32 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
void
Developer

Re: Can folder sizes be sorted like or with file sizes?

Post by void »

Mixing folders and files together is currently not possible.
Everything sees them as two completely separate databases.

I do have this on my TODO list, but don't expect it to be fast.

Please try including folder: in your search to limit results to folders only.
okaso

Re: Can folder sizes be sorted like or with file sizes?

Post by okaso »

yes, I have folders: as a saved filter. Guess i was hoping there might be a trick, like a duct tape regex 'along the lines of' these that i just looked up and tried (without really knowing how best to try them):

Code: Select all

^(.+)/([^/]+)$
or
^((([a-zA-Z]:)(\\{2}[a-zA-Z]+)(\\{2}\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}\.\d{1,3}))(?=(\\(\w[\w ]*)))(\\\w[\w ]*)*)$
or
^[^\/]+\/statistics(?:\/?[^\/]+)*\/?$
I don't see this as too important as i've been living with it fine for years, and i wouldn't dream of "expecting" anything ;) Your program is phenomenal and so is your responsivesness, it'd be soooooo ridiculous to not just be appreciative of EVERYTHING!

anyway, huge thanks for the reply!