Thank You for Everything <3

Off-topic posts of interest to the "Everything" community.
Old_Faithful

Thank You for Everything <3

Post by Old_Faithful »

This is just a short note to say that this software is the best application I have seen in years and to me, marks an essential milestone in progress in the computer world for File Management, to allow users to keep efficient control of their data, so essential to people's lives and freedom nowadays.

Without effective file management, a user is at the mercy of corporations and their agenda regarding their data and without an effective search tool, effective file management rapidly becomes impossible and your software, which indeed is Everything to me, allows users to rapidly find what they are looking for and manage information effectively in a world where information rapidly increases and is otherwise increasingly difficult to keep track of.

This has made it possible for this old curmudgeon to finally move on from the limitations of the 32 bit world and its 16 bit compatibility that had kept me from upgrading to a 64 bit operating system, by allowing me to finally put my venerable Norton File Manager from 1995 (!!!) and its great search feature to rest, and finally start using Total Commander for all my file management that, without Everything, would be close to Nothing for me because of its terrible search system.

With Everything, I can now literally find everything in a live, categorizable window that can be sorted and further refined and do tons of things with in a close to instantaneous manner, something that just isn't possible with the slow, extremely limited search of Total Commander, that had until then, kept me from using this otherwise great file manager as my principal go-to computer interface.

I could go on and on at the amazing things Everything allows me to do and the liberation I feel since using it, but I would be rambling on for pages and I actually have work to do ;-)

So please accept my many heartfelt thanks for this software - it is precious beyond anything I've seen in ages in the computer world.

Best Regards, a 40+ year computer user who started using computers when computer use consisted of actually punching in commands into rectangular cards ;-)
void
Developer

Re: Thank You for Everything <3

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback.

Glad to hear you like Everything!
tuska

Post by tuska »

Old_Faithful wrote:... and finally start using Total Commander for all my file management that, without Everything,
     would be close to Nothing for me because of its terrible search system.

... with the slow, extremely limited search of Total Commander, ...
I can not confirm that (registered user of Total Commander since 2003).
How to arrive at such a view is beyond me.

The search in Total Commander is by no means extremely limited!
You can not compare an indexed search in 'Everything' in terms of speed with a not indexed search (e.g. in Total Commander).

That's why quite a few file managers have integrated 'Everything' into their system.
In Total Commander, for example, since July 2016 'Everything' parameters can be used for search queries.

You seem to have taken no notice of this fact at all.

NotNull

Post by NotNull »

I liked reading your story, Old_Faithful.

If you ever feel nostalgic about Norton Commander, there is also the (free) Far Manager that looks (and feels) an awful lot like NC.
It even has a plugin for searching files using Everything (LiveFileSearch) and that does what the name says: search as you type; just like in Everything :-)