Page 1 of 1
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:34 pm
Just about every time I launch Everything after starting to use the PC it starts scanning all my drives, plugging in a new HDD and it starts scanning all my drives again.
I'm sure I spend more time watching or waiting for it to scan than actually using it. Is there something that can be done to avoid this because it's very annoying and ruining a great little app?
Re: Always Scanning...
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:24 am
"Everything" must rescan all volumes if you plug in a new volume.
To stop "Everything" from indexing new volumes:
- Exit "Everything"
- Open your Everything.ini file in your "Everything" installation folder.
- Set check_media_X to 1 for volumes you want "Everything" to index or 0 for volumes you want "Everything" to ignore (where X is drive A-Z).
I have added the option to ignoring removable volumes for the next release.
You can test this now with the latest alpha release
Please increase your USN Journal maximum size to at least 32768 KB if "Everything" is re-indexing when your drive configuration has not changed.
To change the USN Change Journal maximum size:
- In "Everything", from the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click the Volumes tab.
- For each volume in the Local NTFS volumes list:
- Set the Maximum size to 32768 KB.
- Click OK.