Sometimes all Search windows DONT show in Task Mgr. PLEASE ADD OPT TO SHOW SELECTABLE LIST OF ALL ACTIVE SEARCHES

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
stevenroussos

Sometimes all Search windows DONT show in Task Mgr. PLEASE ADD OPT TO SHOW SELECTABLE LIST OF ALL ACTIVE SEARCHES

Post by stevenroussos »

I am using Version 1.4.1.895 (x86) even though I have a 64 bit system because I found some things like all search windows not showing up in Task Manager/Processes/Apps seemed unstable or not working in the 64 bit window (A usefull way to see all open searches sorted in Task Manager by alphabetical order of the search terms.)

Even in 32 bit, the ability to see all open search panes in the WIndows Task Manager is unstable. Sometimes it will show all. Next time task manager is brought up, there on only 3 out of perhaps dozens I actually have open.

I can still get to them by hovering over the Everything icon in the Task Bar but when there are ALOT, that is unweildy and not really usable.

1. Is there a way to force Windows Task Manager to update and show them ALL?

Even if I close the TM and REOPEN when it is in the state where it is NOT showing a complere list.... the list is still incomplete.

SOMETIMES I can select another TM tab, APP HISORY, & when going back to PROCESSES tab, the list of EVERYTHING windows is fixed and again shows all of them. Other times this does not work at all.

Oddly, when this switch tabs to update TM list trick works, it does NOT work by picking PERFORMANCE, only any of the others.

2. PLEASE ADD A FUNCTION INSIDE EVERYTHING TO SHOW A PERSISTENT WINDOW SHOWING ALL *CURRENTLY OPEN* SEARCHES ORDERED BY EITHER SEARCH TERMS OR BY DATE/TIME, IN WHICH WE CAN DOUBLE CLICK ANY DESIRED SEARCH WINDOW TO FOCUS ON AND THAT ONE WILL BE OPENED AND FOCUSED UPON.

THANK YOUQ
void
Developer

Re: Sometimes all Search windows DONT show in Task Mgr. PLEASE ADD OPT TO SHOW SELECTABLE LIST OF ALL ACTIVE SEARCHES

Post by void »

Is your Task Manager Update Speed set to paused?
  • In Windows Task Manager, from the View menu, Under the Update Speed submenu, click Normal.
I'll consider a Window menu, to list all open windows and possibly searches.
Thanks for the suggestion.
stevenroussos

Re: Sometimes all Search windows DONT show in Task Mgr. PLEASE ADD OPT TO SHOW SELECTABLE LIST OF ALL ACTIVE SEARCHES

Post by stevenroussos »

No it is set to "High" Thanks for considering the suggestion. It would be extremely helpful for heavy users like me. And thanks for the fantastic App!!!
therube

Post by therube »

37 for 37 on my end. (Don't ask.)
x86 Everything, x64 Win7.

Task Manager, huh. Rarely use that.
37 under Applications
1 under Processes
1 under Services

Process Explorer shows:
2 under Process; 1 the (entire) GUI process, the other the service
1 under Services (the service)
stevenroussos

Post by stevenroussos »

"Task Manager" refers to Windows Task Manager. If you start it, and got to Processes tab, and expand Everything, it is a convenient summary of all open Everything windows, showing the search field.

It usually works but on random occasions goes cattywompus.

Sometimes some random event I can't identify makes it go back to showing them all instead of a truncated list of no more than 3, but usually it takes a reboot then it starts working again going forward.

When the issue occurs stopping and restarting Task Manager does NOT seem to fix it. Usually if it happens I can click a different tab 2 over from Processes then go back to Processes and it is fixed. But sometimes the problem sticks until the next reboot,
therube

Post by therube »

At a time when Task Manager farts, see what winlister shows?
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/winlister.html

(I'm on Win7, & Task Manager here doesn't have anything to "expand".)