Can Everything search like this...

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
vsub

Can Everything search like this...

Post by vsub »

I want to make custom filter that scan certain directory but when I search,to always sort the files by what I want(date created for example)
void
Developer

Re: Can Everything search like this...

Post by void »

Unfortunately, you can't do this with filter.

However, you can create a bookmark with the date created sort order.
vsub

Post by vsub »

Ok...one more question...can I make some filter or if there is a command line,when I open everything using command line(open a folder to display all of the files)the search field to not contains the path but I start typing,to search that directory.
void
Developer

Post by void »

can I make some filter or if there is a command line,when I open everything using command line(open a folder to display all of the files)the search field to not contains the path but I start typing,to search that directory.
There is the -path <path> command line option, but like you said you want an empty search edit, which currently there is no option to do that.

I do have plans to add a command line option to limit the search to a specified directory, without polluting the search edit.
vsub

Post by vsub »

Yes that will be good...I use the context menu only when I want to limit the search to certain folder,but adding the path to the search field takes too much space.