Opening of EFU file

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
nagan

Opening of EFU file

Post by nagan »

1.I just created a efu file , test.efu with extended information. I made a search for test in the main ET(EveryThing) window. It did open , but with a "test" already in the search bar again and the results pruned. Normally it should be blank with the full set of results during the first open?

2. Are you considering a progress bar with percentages for extensive building up of results especially while sorting or making of efu files?

3.Would it be possible sometime in the future to also execute normal search operations while everything is running something intensive in the background.
vsub

Re: Opening of EFU file

Post by vsub »

1.Tools=>Options=>General=>Result
Hide results when the search is empty - don't display all of your files if there is nothing in the search field
Tools=>Options=>History=>
Remember last search - If you searched for something the last time and didn't clear the search field,the next time you open the Everything window,the last search will be automatically added to the search bar and the result will be displayed.
void
Developer

Re: Opening of EFU file

Post by void »

1.I just created a efu file , test.efu with extended information. I made a search for test in the main ET(EveryThing) window. It did open , but with a "test" already in the search bar again and the results pruned. Normally it should be blank with the full set of results during the first open?
Currently, changing the index does not reset the search, search settings, current filter or sorting (fast sort).
As far as Everything is concerned, changing the index is the same as changing a search setting, eg. the search filter.

I will consider the option to clear the search when changing the index in a future release.
2. Are you considering a progress bar with percentages for extensive building up of results especially while sorting or making of efu files?
A progress bar can not be efficiently calculated, displaying the current folder would be better.
I will consider this for a future release.
3.Would it be possible sometime in the future to also execute normal search operations while everything is running something intensive in the background.
Sure, I will look into making some of the efu operations run in the background.

Thanks for the suggestions.