Does not search a specific drive

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
tcyiu

Does not search a specific drive

Post by tcyiu »

I have a bunch of disks on my system. "Everything" is able to search across all of them just fine, except for one specific drive - W:\

This drive is the second partition of a 2TB SATA drive. It is NTFS. (I have other logical disks which are secondary partitions, and they get searched just fine).

Inputting "W:\" on the search field results in an empty list. Putting in any other drive letter results in an inventory of every folder and file on that drive.

The last several lines of errorlog.txt shows something like this:

3/30/2011 2:18:58 PM: Everything 1.2.1.451a: .\src\mu.cpp(4256): mu_open_volume(): CreateFileW(): GetLastError(): 2: Failed to open volume \\?\Volume{28c9e07d-0c61-11df-949c-806e6f6e6963}

Not clear what this is about, but looks suspicious.

Any hints would be much appreciated.
therube

Re: Does not search a specific drive

Post by therube »

May as well answer the questions posed here, Everything 1.2.1.451a: Failed to open volume & review, Problem with SRP.
tcyiu

Re: Does not search a specific drive

Post by tcyiu »

Thanks. I solved my problem.

It turned out that under Everything>Tools>Options the Volumes tab, for some reason, drive W's settings were not correct. The "Include in database" and "Monitor changes" check boxes were not checked.

I was primarily focused on the error message which led me to do a disk scan which led me to find there was a SMART error. All of these were red herrings.

Thanks again for a great program!!