Request: Statistical Graphs

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
raccoon

Request: Statistical Graphs

Post by raccoon »

I'm looking for some statistical graphs to reveal disk consumption over time base on file size and file modified (or created) time, for currently selected files or search results.

The graphing agent would basically count the number of bytes or files per day, week, month or year and plot those points on a graph (bar, line, pie) to display a trend of productivity or downloading.
horst.epp

Re: Request: Statistical Graphs

Post by horst.epp »

raccoon wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:16 am I'm looking for some statistical graphs to reveal disk consumption over time base on file size and file modified (or created) time, for currently selected files or search results.

The graphing agent would basically count the number of bytes or files per day, week, month or year and plot those points on a graph (bar, line, pie) to display a trend of productivity or downloading.
Thats not related to a search tool at all.
You can use a tool like WizTree and export the results for making graphs using Excel or other tools.
raccoon

Post by raccoon »

Pardon you, but when did you get to decide what is a useful search tool or not? Some of the most useful search tools include visual aids.
horst.epp

Post by horst.epp »

raccoon wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:57 am Pardon you, but when did you get to decide what is a useful search tool or not? Some of the most useful search tools include visual aids.
Examples for file search tools with graphics similar to your request ?
NotNull

Post by NotNull »

The only person who decides if a suggestion gets implemented or not - and if so: when - is @void.
The criteria he uses for that are up to him too. He might implement them in reverse alphabetical order for all we know.
We are not shareholders or member of the board of directors, so we have no decisive vote in the matter.

Everyone that responds to a suggestion can do that for his/her own reasons.
That could be pointing out an already available feature, suggesting an alternative/workaround using the current possibilities, expressing his/her opinion on the suggestion, showing support for that suggestion (which in itself is is an opinion too) or, inspired by that suggestion, come up with an improved - in the eye of the beholder - version. To name a few.

As suggestions come in at a rather high speed - more than any developer can handle, even @void - choices have to be made ("kill your darlings")
Every person here has his/her own opinion on how these should be ranked. Own suggestions are on top, of course ;).
And every new suggestion will be ranked too: should that come higher or lower than my current favourites?
And opinions on that will be posted too. Beside the reasons already mentioned, maybe to "protect" their own favourites, maybe to help protect @void from overload (we all see how much he is doing already).

But they are "just" that: opinions. And I am glad that people post them here.

And that was *my* opinion .. :D