Allow export or display of my non default options

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
j2associates

Allow export or display of my non default options

Post by j2associates »

I use Everything a few times a month, sometimes heavily for a day or two, but usually on occasion. As such I am not a power user. Recently I had to reinstall Everything and found out to my dismay that I have lost some of my customized functionality. The problem is that I miss it but don't know exactly how to restore what I had previously.

1. It would be great if there was a way to display or export my non default settings, including network paths, so I would at least know what they were if I needed to reinstall.

2. Even better, prompt me during uninstall and ask me if I want to export my non default settings
a. If I answered affirmatively during uninstall ask me on install if I want to reinstall my non default settings

Thanks for a fantastic product!
Ice-Man

Re: Allow export or display of my non default options

Post by Ice-Man »

If you still have the old ini file, there is a powershell script and instructions at www.voidtools.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6285 to list all of your non default options in the old ini file. I agree, a reinstall "Keep settings?" prompt would be a nice enhancement.
NotNull

Re: Allow export or display of my non default options

Post by NotNull »

A backup of Everything settings is on the to do list for Everything 1.5.

For now, you can create a backup (or zipfile) of the following files:
  • Everything.ini
  • Run History.csv
  • Search History.csv
  • Filters.csv
  • Bookmarks.csv
All these files can be found in %APPDATA%\Everything or else in the folder where your Everything.exe is.

That should do for 95% of the people. For a complete list, see this