Named Searches

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
j2associates

Named Searches

Post by j2associates »

Hello,

Great tool and much appreciated! I have a couple searches that I use somewhat frequently that are a bit time consuming to set up. For example this finds Excel files with the Useful or Helpful in the file name: regex:Useful|Helpful !folder: !.lnk !.efu !.msg !.url !.pdf !.xlsb !.doc !~.

1. I would like to suggest a Named Search feature that could be used for ugly stuff like the above. You would set up a default folder for where they would be stored and then have a File/Save As Named Search to save it. Perhaps the extension could be something like ens.

2. If you really wanted to make it slick, include a boolean for Export and then allow me to save a default Export Path for when I use it.

Thanks
NotNull

Re: Named Searches

Post by NotNull »

You can use Bookmarks or even Filters for that.

Those are stored in Bookmarks.csv rep. Filters.csv.
Both can be found in the folder where your Everyting.ini is (most likely location: %APPDATA%\Everything)
j2associates

Re: Named Searches

Post by j2associates »

Excellent, glad to know it is already implemented. Perhaps as a benefit to the casual or infrequent user, a Named Searches line could be added to the main Support page that comes up with Everything as the main bullet point. If it was right after Searching, it could mention the Bookmarks usage.

Thanks again for a great tool!