How do I search for files within folders that match certain characteristics?

General discussion related to "Everything".
IUseEverythingALot

How do I search for files within folders that match certain characteristics?

Post by IUseEverythingALot »

For instance, If I want to view a list of files which are in folders that were modified within 2 weeks of today, that had a folder size of less than 10 gigabytes?

Is that possible?
void
Developer

Re: How do I search for files within folders that match certain characteristics?

Post by void »

Searching for:
folder: size:<10gb dm:last2weeks

will get you your folders, which doesn't really help you because you want the files in these folders.

If there's not many folders, you could drag the folders to an empty file list (from Tools -> File List Editor)
You could then, save the file list, load the file list in Everything and browse the files from File -> Open File List...

I've added parentsize: and parentdm: to Everything 1.5.0.1245a.

To search for files in folders that where modified within 2 weeks of today, that had a folder size of less than 10 gigabytes in Everything 1.5:
parentsize:<10gb parentdm:2weeks

I found this to match a lot of files, I'm not too sure it will be useful?
IUseEverythingALot

Re: How do I search for files within folders that match certain characteristics?

Post by IUseEverythingALot »

void wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 pm ...
Wow that was fantastically quick.

And I do find it personally quite useful. The ability to search for files via the attributes of their parent folders is just generally awesome, I think. Of course I was not expecting an actual change to the program much less this quickly, especially with what appears to be a passion project that's free, so that's great.

Thanks