Results are from the Everything index.Test 1. ES command line
es.exe -export-efu C:\es_test.efu C:\
Result: ~35 seconds 90MB output file
This is slowest method, because:
1) All file information is gathered
2) WM_COPYDATA used for IPC is slow.
Results are scanned from disk. Not the Everything index.Test 2. Everything.exe command line
Everything.exe -create-file-list C:\ev_test.efu C:\
Permissions may limit some files from scanning.
Reparse points are followed, whereas ES does not.
All file information is gathered.
Results are from the Everything index.Test 3: Everything GUI menu
Everything GUI: first search C:\ and then go to menu > file > export
Only indexed file information or cached file information is exported.
I've modified ES 184.108.40.206 to be consistent with Everything.
That is ES -export-efu will now only export information that is indexed.
You can use -size, -date-modified, -date-created and/or -attributes to override this behavior.
- fixed an issue with checking if the database is loaded.
- exporting as efu only exports indexed information now, use -size, -date-modified, -date-created or -attributes to override.
- folder size is also exported now.