Everything 1.5a 1252 windows 64 bit - match case was stuck on, then stuck off.

Discussion related to "Everything" 1.5 Alpha.
minsik

Everything 1.5a 1252 windows 64 bit - match case was stuck on, then stuck off.

Post by minsik »

wondering why search seemed to be limiting results i discovered the match case was stuck on and i could not turn it off.
other options i could turn on and off in the menu search, etc.
shut down everything and restarted, checked that in options, home that default settings were match case set to disabled. then checked searching and indeed match case is off again, except it is now stuck off and cant enable for a one of search.
Other items appear ok to enable/disable at will.

edit: discovered that clicking on the middle to lhs of the blue bar that comes up when hovering above the "select case" search option doesnt work but clicking on the very far right side (rhs 5%) of the blue bar when hovering over the "match case" DOES work. Other options seem ok.
edit2: when using laptop and external monitor now no problem at all!

1252a seems to be generally very usable.

Some network / folders I am learning what happens here.

Our company has a logon script to provide 3 mapped drives at domain logon. Sometimes they are not showing, sometimes they do. May be related to a sleep shutdown and open again when arriving on site instead of a full shutdown/restart.
When I tried to add manually in MY computer and creating mapped drives then there is sometimes double entries and results.
Currently trialing not to add/remove network drives as disabled but with the three wanted networks drives as showing. Will see what happens here.
Still learning the changes in this area that might work for me.

Thanks again for the great strides forward David.
void
Developer

Re: Everything 1.5a 1252 windows 64 bit - match case was stuck on, then stuck off.

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback minsik,

Could you please confirm this is the control (in Red) that is stuck:

Could you please send me a screenshot of this window?
-I'm wondering if there's another control being positioned on top of match case..