Install looks good but executable not there

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
Laverne

Install looks good but executable not there

Post by Laverne »

Hi,

I tried installing Everything Search on a friend's computer and the install gave all the proper installation messages. It said the program installed in C:\Program Files -- the normal location. When I went to run it from the shortcut, the screen opened but nothing happened. It did not show all the files on the computer as normally happens. When I right-clicked on the shortcut, it did NOT have the normal dropdown menu!

So, I looked in C:\Program Files and did not find the Everything Search folder there. I'm totally boggled.

I am not sure that my friend has Adm Privileges and I used her account to install, of course. Could this be the problem? Do I need Adm privileges to install Everything Search??

She has WinXP SP3, with everything up to date. Can you tell me what is happening? Where is the program I "installed" or thought I installed?

BTW, Everything Search WAS in the Add/Remove list. I finally uninstalled it from there since it would not run. What am I missing?

Laverne
P.S. I myself use your program many times EVERY day -- and just love it!
void
Developer

Re: Install looks good but executable not there

Post by void »

I am not sure that my friend has Adm Privileges and I used her account to install, of course. Could this be the problem? Do I need Adm privileges to install Everything Search??
"Everything" requires administrative privileges for low level read access to volumes.
Where is the program I "installed" or thought I installed?
The default location is C:\Program Files\Everything.

Please make sure that you also run the installer with administrative privileges.
Laverne

Re: Install looks good but executable not there

Post by Laverne »

Thank you for your reply. I am sure that the lack of adm privileges is the problem, as you suggested.

Laverne