Suggestion re excluded folders

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
Ghopper

Suggestion re excluded folders

Post by Ghopper »

Hi,

I've been using Everything for years and it's utterly indispensable - one of the best programs in the history of programming.

It’s presumptuous to submit a suggestion regarding a program that’s almost as perfect as things are possible to get in this world, but I’ll do so anyway.

It’d be nice if the interface for selecting “excluded” folders let you choose those folders by copying-and-pasting the location of the selected folder as opposed to locating them only via a windows explorer dialog.

An example of what I’m talking about is when you chose “save as” in MS Word. A dialog window pops up with the existing location at the top of the window. You can replace the existing location by pasting in a different location, then hit save, and the file is automatically saved to the new location. This is much quicker than navigating to the new location via windows explorer, and would save a ton of time if you want to list a lot of excluded folders.

My only other suggestion would be to make one’s Everything settings exportable and transferrable, so you could set up your preferred settings on one computer then export them and copy them to other Everything installations on other computers.

Keep up the amazingly excellent work!

Best regards,
therube

Re: Suggestion re excluded folders

Post by therube »

It’d be nice if the interface for selecting “excluded” folders let you choose those folders by copying-and-pasting the location of the selected folder as opposed to locating them only via a windows explorer dialog.
Could be OS specific?
You can do that in Win7.
In the Add dialog, simply paste over the (defaulted) 'Folder' entry.

make one’s Everything settings exportable and transferrable
Is there something more then Everything.ini?
(Maybe there is, but I'd hope not.)
Copy that from here to there.
If you have trouble finding it, use Everything to find it ;-).