Toggle window from hide to show, and without losing search

If you are experiencing problems with "Everything", post here for assistance.
violetvoid

Toggle window from hide to show, and without losing search

Post by violetvoid »

[EDIT: for some strange reason, it partly seems to work now (results preserved after toggle). don't know why.]

Hello, I would like to hit a shortcut, ctrl-shift-D and then have the Everything window appear (doesn't matter whether a taskbar button is shown or not). When I hit ctrl-shift-D again, the windows should be hidden completely and also no taskbar button should be there (I am not talking about the tray icon of course). When the window is shown, the state of the window prior to hiding should be restored, i.e. a search and the entered search terms should still be there. Ideally, the search field should be focused and the search terms selected, which would enable me to start a new search should I so intend.
I seem not to be able to get this running that way. Is it even possible? Thank you! I guess perhaps it could be done with AHK otherwise, but I personally cannot do this.
Thank you. Sorry for asking, but I've really been having some difficulties with the program. I also found it confusing how there are data files in programs AND in appdata,with no warning that one of these is not relevant, at a given time.