MacOS Everything badly needed!

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
grebl

MacOS Everything badly needed!

Post by grebl »

It's been a while since anyone has said it but --- Everything very badly needs to come to the Mac! Spotlight is a giant, lumbering, monster that is designed not to give results on any cross-platform drives (e.g. EXFAT) and the lack of ability to control what is indexed is crippling -- because it never finishes! Using Alfred doesn't help because it uses Spotlight, but at least it can find things and not completely forget what files used to exist like Dory from Finding Nemo. In my desperation I tried running fsearch out of MacPorts and for a little while I could remember what it was like to be able to search and find files. But Fsearch barely integrates with the OS. I may have to run parallels all the time just so I can use Everything but again it won't solve the OS integration problem. I'd legit pay for this software, as I'm sure many would, because Spotlight indexing is so, so, so stupid.
barrywang

Re: MacOS Everything badly needed!

Post by barrywang »

Sadly, The suggestion will not able to archived in a foreseeable future.
Everything is good not because itself but also because Windows is doing all the works for Everything, and macOS not provide similar service, therefore the suggestion may not able to be fulfilled.