Hide indexed files and folders from new search window

General discussion related to "Everything".
JohnKenaro

Hide indexed files and folders from new search window

Post by JohnKenaro »

There are two things that seems to elude me in finding a solution for in this otherwise magnificient piece of software. One of them is related to the option to have your last searches show in the new Everything window you are inovoking. This works for some time, but gets randomly turned off and I just get a clean window. My solution was to reinstall. So what would be the setting that I'm missing? I want to clarify I'm not speaking about search history that appears when you click the down arrow in the search bar. If you look in my screenshot, there are two lines on top with two portable programs I previously searched. That's what I'm talking about. When I open a new Everything windows, I just want to see my previous searches.

The second issue I'm facing is in hidding the indexed folders that appear in a new search window. As I said I just want to see what I searched previously, nothing else. There is something that somehow manages this ("Hide results when the search is empty") but this also hides my last searches.

Can somebody help me with the right settings?

Thank you
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-02-05 232552.png
Screenshot 2022-02-05 232552.png (42.56 KiB) Viewed 2020 times
NotNull

Re: Hide indexed files and folders from new search window

Post by NotNull »

That is the Run History. The search history is what you searched for in the search bar (as you already pointed out) and the Run History contains all the files/ folder you activated (open/..).
To limit the reults to only the files/folders that are in thr run history, ype the following in the search bar of the new window:
runcount:

If that is indeed what you intended, you can make that your default search:
- Go to Menu:Tools > Options > general > Home
- Search = Custom
runcount:

(I hope I understood your question correctly ..)
JohnKenaro

Re: Hide indexed files and folders from new search window

Post by JohnKenaro »

That is indeed what I was looking for. Thank you for the response. I think it would have been almost impossible to figure it out on my own.