add visual sort column and file explorer would be perfect

Have a suggestion for "Everything"? Please post it here.
stephenh

add visual sort column and file explorer would be perfect

Post by stephenh »

i hate all the stupid search after win2000, it's mess and horrible experience like eating shit, i don't know why microsoft done this...
and everything give me the simple and fast on search, here i have some suggestion

1.add visual filter on left column, not everyone is the programmer can type the code and sort the outcome,it's annoying, i think windows 2000 shown as below done the great job. it's easy and human nature design flow, it sort with size date...make it resonable and easy to use, not need to type a lot of code .....
http://www.xin.at/thrawn/pics/screensho ... search.png

2. on the second thing is search on specified folder so complicated on everything, why don't make a left column for file explorer and right cloumn for result

it will perfect to have such ui change
void
Developer

Re: add visual sort column and file explorer would be perfect

Post by void »

Thank you for your feedback stephenh,

Please try the Advanced Search under the Search menu.

I have plans to turn the Advanced Search into a sidebar.

A folder/treeview sidebar is in development.

Thank you for your suggestions.
Mizufluffy

Post by Mizufluffy »

void wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:08 am I have plans to turn the Advanced Search into a sidebar.

A folder/treeview sidebar is in development.
I hope this will be something you can enable / disable because I personally like the search field and how most of the space has been reserved for the results. I think the Advanced Search is a great feature because not everyone can easily use various functions or modifiers or don't prefer typing a lot of text in the search field. Turning the Advanced Search into a sidebar sounds actually a very good idea because currently it's kind of hidden away in the menu and potentially easy to miss. So, I guess the Advanced Search sidebar could be enabled / disabled under View menu then?
void
Developer

Post by void »

So, I guess the Advanced Search sidebar could be enabled / disabled under View menu then?
Yes, there's an Advanced Search (TODO) placeholder under the View menu already.
Mizufluffy

Post by Mizufluffy »

void wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:13 am Yes, there's an Advanced Search (TODO) placeholder under the View menu already.
Oh, you are right. I was looking at View menu when I was typing my previous message but I must have missed it. I believe I was looking the area between Menu and Customize... (TODO) so basically everything above the first horizontal line. The fact it was two lines below makes me feel really blind right now.

I admit it makes a lot of sense where it is in the menu because the other things in that category, from folders to bookmarks, all seem to be some kind of sidebars or panes on left or right side. However, and this is a very minor thing, in my opinion Advanced Search could be at the top of its category so one step up below Customize... (TODO) but above Folders (TODO). Since searching is Everything's core feature I think it would make more sense to have it higher where there is a better chance to notice it.
I can't speak for everyone but I tend to often just glance over text when going through menus (or a book, a webpage or anything else with a lot of text) until I catch something I'm interested in before I actually start reading properly. But yeah, I'll admit this is basically nitpicking at this point. It's already good enough that it's even in there. :D